PDA

View Full Version : Cracking up realizing that the search for the bag is less important these days than

MamaKath
09-19-2004, 11:07 AM
the search for great organizational implements for inside the bag. Lol! My Avon order arrived last night (it comes by mail since we live a distance from the Avon lady) and I anxiously opened it having completely forgotten what I had ordered. On top were 3 cosmetic type bags in various sizes. I then remembered that I ordered them thinking they might be just right for holding a few of my items in the diaper bag. No wonder she has nicknamed me "The Bag Lady" lol.

writeleigh
09-19-2004, 12:04 PM
LOL, Kath! I use various size cosmetic bags for the same purpose! And . . . one of them is an AVON bag LOL!
Actually, I'm very excited because I'm making a long drive to Walmart today. It's pretty far from us, but Target doesn't have a couple of things I need . . . but I'm mostly excited that I can scope out their cosmetic and toiletry/travel bags :)

MamaKath
09-20-2004, 11:17 AM
How was Walmart??? I realized recently I like the Walmart south of me better than the one north of me because the cosmetic bags selection is so much better, lol.

I am dubbing the use of the cosmetic bags as my "Just for Today" system, lol...

I am carrying the Lands End Do-it-all Diaper bag (version before the "Classic"). My kids are 5 and 2. Most outings are either really quick and the bag stays in the car or really long and all day, where I need every last thing.

My "system" ;-)
Inside I have things organized into different cosmetic cases, this seems to make it easier for me to switch to a backpack or just grab the items I need really quickly without digging. 1 holds diapering stuff (4 size 5 diapers, wipes case, small lotion, small sunscreen, small purell, small diaper creme). 1 holds snacks (3 granola bars, 2 juice boxes, 1 bib, 2 small plastic spoons and forks). 1 holds toys (stacking turtles, 2 cars, 2 planes, 2 figures, 2 animals, 2 books). 1 is like a small purse with handles and holds my stuff (wrist wallet, lip gloss, mascara, tweezer, dental floss, keys, cell phone). In the back pocket I have the changing pad from a newer LE diaper tote. It is really bulky though, so I am thinking of switching back to just a disposable pad. I am trying to get back to keeping a calendar in there since older child has started Kindergarten and I need to stay on top of days off, etc. Oh and I have a light weight sleeper for ds (easier that all the pieces for an outfit plus socks, etc) and 1 pair of undies for dd.

:-) As I said, "Just for today" often seems to be my diaper bag motto, lol, so this is subject to change at anytime.

writeleigh
09-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Grrr! I just posted a long answer and it was lost :(

I love Walmart's cosmetic bag selection. But I decided I do not need to buy any more little bags until my WW arrives and I know whether or not I really need anything else. I've been spending way too much lately :)

But, my current system is: a cosmetic bag with all diaper changing stuff in it; a smaller cosmetic bag with antibac wipes, infant Tylenol, etc. And I'm debating on the emergency outfit. I have one in the big diaper bag. I'm debating whether or not to just leave an outfit in the car. Hard choice. That would cut back on bag bulk, but what about times my car isn't with me? Diaper bag organization is such a hard process LOL.