PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendation on T2 sizing..

Lucy123
09-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I am looking at a T2 and I don't know what size to get. I have a 15-month old and have another on the way in 4 months. I have the LE Do-it-all in small and regular (old style). I only use the regular on trips. I don't carry too much, but since my son started mothers' morning out the small LE is too small. I usually have 3-6 diapers, wipes, a bottle or sippy, a couple toys and snacks. I sometimes carry a blanket too, which is totally too big. With 2 of course my volume will increase for a while. I hate carrying the LE, so I never put my stuff in it (not that it really fits anyway) and I carry a purse. I would like to be able to carry my stuff too, but I don't want to buy around a bag that's too big, because I know I won't use it. I think the FV Alpha 7 is an okay size, but I wouldn't want anything bigger. So what is a good size on the T2? Your expertise is appreciated!!!

Lucy

marnay
09-19-2004, 07:37 PM
I think a small messanger with the center divider would work great for you. I use mine as my all day out bag for 2 kids, and even stuffed to the gills it isn't really bulky. It is a great bag. I do love the center divider as it give me a place to put snacks totally out of the way.

Naydene

alkagift
09-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Lucy,
I looked at a T2 in small and medium vs. the Alpha 7. The problem is that the Alpha 7 was just too small for me. The small T2 is about the same size but the layout is better, at least for the way I pack. The medium is as large as a Mothership (cubic inches wise) or even larger, perhaps--just really too big to carry daily, IMHO.

I ordered the T2 small and got the extra divider/pocket and the grab handle. I recently came back from a weeklong vacation and used it extensively. I put three disposables (size 4) and a pack of wipes plus cream in the divider pocket. In the large section I had a sippy or large cup, a kiddopotamus placemat thingy, and small tupperware containers of snacks, two applesauce containers, a bunch of crackers plus some peekablocks and a couple of other toys. In the interior pocket/section I had spoons for DS (in the pen holders) my sunglasses, fruit snacks, medicine and first aid for adults and baby every occasion--tylenol, sudafed, benadryl, mylicon, bandaids, etc. I definitely cut the items that I would usually carry in my purse to the essentials: license, cash, two credit cards, lipstick, mascara, powder. In the outside pocket I had my cellphone. I hung it over the handles of my Pliko or carried it--it was easy to carry. The best thing about it is that it is SUPER lightweight.

I hope that helps! If you have an REI store near you, you can go to their bike section and look at the T2's in real life. That sold me--the medium was just too wide. Edited to add: my REI did not carry the ballistic nylon, just the standard cordura. The ballistic is a bit glossy, but it comes in more colors, so I went with ballistic.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

kkb99
09-21-2004, 12:56 AM
I have the PeeWee, which now I am not sure if that is considered the medium or the small, but I think it's the small. I got the center divider also. I love all the different pockets, areas to divide the stuff up. My problem was that I was not able to fit everything in it that I wanted to with 2 in diapers. I had all the usual stuff, 2 diapers for each, a lap pad for a changing pad (so flat, not bulky), wipes in a ziplock, one change of clothes for each, lipstick, baby tylenol, some other little things like that, plus my little wallet/purse, and my Zolo sling. Note that I did not mention snacks or sippys. Without the sling or the purse, I could probably jam a couple of sippys in it too. So, ended up frustrating me that I was carrying this bag which was not exactly light, and yet all my necessities weren't reallyin it. Now that the older is out of diapers, some room is freed up (not a lot though, since I only had 2 of her diapers in it and still need that change of clothes). I've stopped carrying the sling in the bag, and leave it in the car now that the baby is almost a year and can obviously sit up in carts and such. So now I usually do have a snack cup and sippy cup in there too. As far as purse- I was looking for a new wallet that would hold check book along with the other stuff, and ended up finding this little purse which is essentially a wallet with a cell phone holder on the outside and a strap on it. It is a bit bulkier than a regular wallet, but not much. I had thought of going to a regular wallet to slim it up a bit and help with the room, but actually this has been something I use a lot. So easy to just pull out the purse and you have all you need for when you are on your own.

I LOVE the cell phone holder, definitely get that. Center divider a necessity. I also got the little strap pouch, which I had not used until last month when we went on an airplane trip. I put my ID in it, and it was right there easily accessible every time I was at a checkpoint that they wanted to look at it again. Usually, the ID gets thrown in the bag and then I can't find it at the next point, or in my pocket and I worry about it falling out when I sit down, or I put it back in my wallet which takes some time. Now sometimes use it for my Costco card to show when I go in, then have it ready for checkout.

Kristen

Lucy123
09-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I think a small will do it for me, with a center divider and some of the cool accessories. Now if I could only decide on colors!!

Lucy