PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren stroller experts - matching Maclaren diaper bag question

ginamlee
09-21-2004, 12:24 AM
I can't figure out if I should ask the stroller people or the diaper bag people. LOL. So, please excuse the cross-post if you read both topics.

Well, this will be my first Mac...a 2000 Vogue in Marie Claire with all the matching accessories. (I'm a sucker for accessories...) I've been so against umbrella handles, but I've decided to give the Macs a try. My Savvy Z broke and I needed a travel/errand stroller.

Okay, so I don't have it yet, but it should be here by the end of the week. But, I'm already thinking about that matching MC diaper bag. I won't carry it as my diaper bag. I want to somehow hook it onto my stroller and use it as an extra "basket". I really don't like the idea of just hanging it over the handles. Bugs me for no really good reason.

I'll have to look at it, but has anyone thought of cutting the strap and adding snaps? Not explaining this well..hmmm...well, just like how a Combi carry strap works? I think it might work very well.

And for you Mac purists, would it be horrible to alter the bag like that?

Insight appreciated.

(Oh, and I do know about and own a Skip Hop, but I want to utilize the matching Marie Claire bag. I'll still carry my regular diaper bag, an Ella tote, because I use it as a purse, too.)

priscilla73
09-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Oh Gina! You can't alter a Marie Claire diaper bag!!!!!!!!!! No, no, no!!!! LOL I owned a 2000 Marie Claire Vogue for a few months were it sat, lovingly admired by me in my living room....Poor girl never saw the light of day!

If the diaper bag had plastic rings or whatever those are, on each side, can't you add your snap things onto that without (gasp) cutting the strap off?

You must have got it from Jodi...Congrats! You will love it, especially if you have a girl. My dh didn't like ds in the Marie Claire.

DeborahM
09-21-2004, 01:12 PM
You can use the stroller swivel hooks on the handlebars to hook a diaper bag, etc. on -- I used them on my quest all the time.

Deborah
Mom to Thomas (6/02) and baby Rachel (7/16)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_silver_6w.gif[/img] ([img)
9 Weeks and counting