PDA

View Full Version : Isn't she lovely?

priscilla73
09-21-2004, 01:05 AM
I know nothing about these bags. Are they nylon, vinyl coated, organization? But it sure it pretty, isn't it? This is the Messenger style (my personal favorite) but there's also a tote style, too.

Do I smell a Oi Oi co-op coming on soon?

jasabo
09-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Cute bag! Which brand is it?

Lisa - mom to 15 month old twin boys

cchavez
09-21-2004, 02:21 PM
I can't view the attachment. :(

MamaKath
09-21-2004, 03:49 PM
It is very pretty, but somehow it brought back memories of a 70s blouse my mom had (in the 70s, lol). I have to show her and see what she says. :-) I really like the form though.

writeleigh
09-21-2004, 06:21 PM
That's cute :)

LuLusMaMa
09-21-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm a baby bag freak and I recently have been itching to buy one of these OiOi bags so I sent out a note on the babybags yahoo group and pretty much no one likes these bags. Bummer, they are so cute. I'm told that they are cotton and really hard to keep clean (oh why would they make a baby bag in cotton?). I've also heard that the quality isn't great for the price. I may still buy one and hope for the best because there is a black and white floral pattern that would be great for the Summer.

Does anyone out there own one and like it? Is it really made out of un-treated cotton?

punk mama
09-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Oh I just love the Oi Oi Poppy Print Messenger, but I too have been deterred by the few negative comments I've read about their construction. Unfortunately, the only other bag I find asthetically pleasing is the Mothership and now people are starting to complain about them falling apart. What to do?

robmab719
09-25-2004, 11:56 AM
I'll stick up for the OiOi bags. I've only been using mine for about a week, but I really like it. Mine is the chocolate brown microfiber with pink lining, so the microfiber doesn't have the same problems as the canvas. Everything just wipes right off.

I also like that the bag holds its shape really well, no matter how stuffed (or empty) I have it.

The organization is very similar to the Mothership, except that there's a separate drawstring bottle bag (insulated) instead of the Mothership's interior bottle pocket. Everything else is pretty much identical to the structure of the Mothership, though the bag is a bit smaller overall.

Is the paisley pattern you posted made of microfiber or canvas? If it's microfiber, I say go for it. I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I love my OiOi bag.