PDA

View Full Version : My Ella bag FINALLY Arrived, and I am not happy!

lmladuke
09-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I cannot even tell you how annoyed I am. My initial reaction was that the bag seemed smaller than I had anticipated. I had requested it be an inch taller than the usual bag (and was assured this would be no problem) I measured the bag and found they did not add the extra inch. Then I notice various other things wrong with the bag:

1. Piping does not line up at seam (I remember others had this problem)

2. Top of bag is curved, but not neatly (i.e. there are little jagged edges at the top of the bag where it was not curved properly)

3. Paid for a silver key clip - bag does not have one.

4. The silver hook and loop closure at the top of the bag does not line up properly (i.e. they are not directly across from one another)

I am going to call or email about it. But honestly, I don't feel like waiting another 7 weeks for a replacement> I doubt I can get my money back?

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5

cchavez
09-22-2004, 02:20 PM
That's terrible! They really should offer you your money back or at least make you another one at no cost and expedite the delivery. Keep us posted.

kelly ann
09-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Lori-

I was one that had quality issues back in the Spring. Ella Bags offered to resew the bag, but I first wanted them to examine the returned bag to let me know if these are typical quality issues because I would hate for them to resew another bag that I felt was not up to par (it was to be a Mother's Day gift for my mom). In the end, they told me they would refund my money because they thought they could not satisfy me. I didn't know what to make of the reply, but I was just happy to get my money back and I turned around and bought an ISM bag for my mom.

Definitely call them and see how they handle the situation. If you get a good feeling from them...have them resew the bag. If you get a bad feeling, then ask for your money back. Even though I had quality problems, others have received high quality bags and have been quite pleased.

murpheyblue
09-22-2004, 03:26 PM
I'd be livid. Quite honestly, I'd demand my money back and have Kim (WW) make me a bag.

So sorry you've have such a terrible experience. You deserve to be treated better and, at a minimum, to get what you asked and paid for.

murpheyblue
09-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Deleted duplicate post.

lmladuke
09-22-2004, 04:37 PM
She responded very quickly to my email and was very gracious. She offered to make a new bag or give me a refund - whichever I decide. I think I will probably just get a refund at this point.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5

pritchettzoo
09-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I would go with the refund. A similar thing happened to me. After my review here, Ella Bags posted to the thread and said they would take care of it, but it never got taken care of. I hope you get your money back!

Anna

SteelerFan
09-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Yours is the third complaint this month that I've seen...kind of sealed the deal with me NOT to buy an Ella bag. I hope you get your refund soon! Let us know

Amy