PDA

View Full Version : Pictures: 2 Ellas and 1 WW

lmintzer
09-23-2004, 12:54 AM
My Ellas finally arrived today (7 weeks after order). The last 1 week+ was due to a mailing error (they were returned to sender due to being one digit off on address).

The Ella Nova check backpack is a gift for my pregnant nanny. I am posting pictures of it next to my WW Nova check backpack (which I've had for a few weeks and love).

The other Ella bag is Lily in Parisville with a black twill bottom and pink piping and interior. It has a lot of extras: vinyl lining, half elasticized pickets (it was supposed to have ALL elasticized pockets--I have to call them on this and get refunded on this--same mistake was made on backpack). It also has metal feet and extra interfacing for stiffness. I love the bag. My only complaint (other than the pockets) is maybe that the pink interior is a bit much pink for me (I'm not a "pinky" girl). I guess I could have gone with the pale blue, but I couldn't tell that there was enough blue in the print until I got the bag. It will make a nice spring bag, though. The size is great--I realize that I love big bags. I am always crowded in every other bag I own (save my large Lands End backpack).

Comparing the two backpacks: they are both nicely made and very pretty, though different in styling. The WW bag is more boxy, the Ella, more elongated. The workmanship on both are very nice. Pros of the WW bag: like the cording (as opposed to the ribbon on the Ella), love the color red on the piping and interior (more of a ruby than the more orange-toned red on the Ella), adjustable straps (very nice feature), and nicer strap construction (straps are sewn into the fabric; on the Ella, they are patched and covered. See pictures of back of bags. Pros of the Ella: it's larger (you can definitely fit more in this bag), the elastic on the pockets is a little looser, making it easier to get items in and out), snap closure (this is much sleeker than the button to loop closure, though the grommeting (sp?) with the ribbon is hard to use. You really have to pull the ribbon against the bag and tie in a bow to make it stay. Too time consuming.

Hope this review is helpful to those considering bags by either. I am pleased with both, though I have to admit 7 weeks to my Ella was a bit more than I wanted to wait.

lmladuke
09-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Very pretty bags. I have a nova backpack and love it. Your tote is really pretty. I like the print. Don't you love the silver strap hooks? I think they make the totes looks so classy!

Glad you are happy with them.

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5

lmariana
09-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Wow! They're gorgeous!!!! I love, love, love the Parisville bag! They are stunning, good choices!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

supercalifragilous
09-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Those are great pics! It's very helpful to see the two backpacks right next to each other! Really puts things into perspective. :7

Thanks for showing the inside of the bags too! I didn't realize that Ella's bags had those grommets for the drawstring. On my WW backpack, I got tired of having to tie the ribbon all the time so I bought a drawstring closure notion @ JoAnns and it works beautifully. I can't describe it very well but it's like what you would find closing the drawstring on a backpack or hooded jacket, a little plastic "tube" (mine is pewter) that has the drawstrings threaded through it together and a little push-button thing on the end for when you want to righten/expand it.

And I LOVE the vinyl inside your Paris bag! It looks very easy to clean!

lmintzer
09-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Great idea re: getting the drawstring and "squeezy-things" like you'd see on a hooded jacket. I may do that as well for my backpack.

The vinyl inside of the Paris bag does seem like it will be easy to clean, though the pockets themselves (where I'd be likely to get sippy cup spills) are not vinyl coated--just thin fabric.

One other note: I thought the straps on my Paris bag seemed a bit long, and they are! I ordered 24 inch straps, and these are 28 1/2 inches long! Huge difference. I have to admit, between this and the error on my pockets, I'm kinda seeing what people have been saying about Ella's quality control issues. They have a great product but just seem to not be quite as careful as they should be.

supercalifragilous
09-24-2004, 01:35 PM
I went home yesterday and had luckily I had saved the little box (they come in pairs, for some reason) and they're called "cord stops" and they're in the notions aisle.

Just thought I'd pass it on b/c the lady @ JoAnn's looked at me like I was nuts when I was explaining it to her. "Cord stop" sounds better than little "little tuby thing" LOL!