PDA

View Full Version : Need new bag - help me pick!

whittyanne
09-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone - I desperately need a new diaper bag, but I don't even know where to start looking. I figured you guys were the diaper bag gurus and you could help me pick!

My DS is 9.5 months old, so I need soemthing that's better for carrying around food, snacks, toys, etc more than the newborn diaper bag necessities. I've previously had a Vera Bradley, which I really didn't like... and then this summer I just used a Lily Pulitzer canvas tote, which is really cute but totally impractical.

So I need recommendations. I'd love something with a clip for my keys (since I always seem to be searching for those at the bottom of my bag), pockets for food, diapers, etc.

I really like the look of the Fleurville's but haven't seen them in person... what other options are there? I've seen the PBB's but am not sure how practical they are?

Thanks ahead of time!

SteelerFan
09-24-2004, 08:22 PM
I have to say that I **LOVE** my Mothership--I have the Blue Chocolate and just bought a Chocolate Cord, although there are many people that think it's too big for them and end up going with the A-7. This bag is big and can carry everything you've listed above with ease, plus it has a key clip right inside the bag. 2 outer pockets for cell phone and whatever else, plus a huge pocket on the back for anything, I put my coupons and mail and stuff in it. In regards to the PPB's, did you check out the most recent post about it? If I were you, I'd go with a Kecci first to see if you like that size and the 'floppy' bag before spending all of that money on the PPB. (I have the Navy Shanghai Kecci and it's really beautiful, I haven't used it YET) The Timi and Leslie bags are also gorgeous and appear to have a lot of room, although I don't know this from personal experience. (I really want the Lina bag!!!) and the 2 Red Hens bags that everyone is talking about are really great, too--great patterns and colors and a great price, too! Good Luck--It's an addicting habit!!! Let us know what you end up with! I'm going to end up hiding diaper bags under the baby's crib so my DH doesn't flip out! LOL!

Amy
2 DDs
DS-8/9/04

murpheyblue
09-24-2004, 08:27 PM
I love my Mothership too but perhaps a Fleurville Alpha 7 for everyday use? It's gots tons of pockets so you can find everything fairly easily. It can be worn over the shoulder, messenger style or as a backpack.

If you're attracted to PPB's I'd second the suggestion of a Kecci or a Timi and Leslie in a brocade. The vinyl on the T&L will make it a much more durable bag.

whittyanne
09-24-2004, 08:50 PM
I don't think the Mothership would be too big for me. The bag I'm carrying now is a beach tote and it's just enormous. I don't want to go too small since I still need to be able to fit toys.

I just checked out the Timi and Leslie's online -- SO CUTE! Love the brocade too... I'm now addicted looking at designer bags online, you guys are BAD!!!

Has anyone heard of Oi Oi? This one is really cute:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/tutti-bella_1809_36738673

SteelerFan
09-24-2004, 10:40 PM
When I first got on the diaper bag crazies, I checked out OiOi bags--here was my problem with them--the magnetic closure on the front--I've heard people complain that the magentic closure isn't 'strong' enough or something like that and if the bag was packed too full it would pop open--again, not from personal experience, just hearsay....cute bags, though! Good Luck--it does get addicting, doesn't it??? LOL!

Amy

whittyanne
09-25-2004, 10:29 AM
They are cute but you know what, I don't like that it doesn't have that nylon material that covers it the way the Fleurville's do. With my messy life, I think I need the extra coverage! LOL

Thanks again for your help Amy! Btw, I noticed your screen name... Nate's in an Eagles jersey in my avatar, if you can tell... I won't hold your choice of football team against you though. Jk ;)

SteelerFan
09-25-2004, 10:48 AM
LOL!!!! Well, as soon as my son FITS into his Steeler garb (and I can figure out how in the heck to make it that cute little picture on the side!!)-- I'll make sure to post it! LOL! Maybe I'll take his picture with his cute little Steeler BINKIE!

Good Luck with your diaper bag search--go with the MS--you won't regret it! Did you join the babybags site???

Amy
2 dds
ds-8/9/04

whittyanne
09-25-2004, 04:24 PM
I didn't; is that the Yahoo group? I think you need like 50 posts on this board to be allowed to join so I have to keep posting before I get on!

SteelerFan
09-25-2004, 04:51 PM
You could always try...maybe by the time you're registration is looked at you'll be up around there!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags

It's diaper bag heaven over there! LOL!

Amy