PDA

View Full Version : A7 vs. Kecci

Emmas Mom
09-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Ok, can anyone compare these two bags?? I have a red Kecci Mommybag & love it. But we are going on a plane trip over the holidays & I'm wondering if the A7 would be a better bag for the plane. I do not think I want the Mothership as DD is 13 months now & it just seems too big (and expensive). I also have a LE updated DIA but think a backpack/messenger style will be better, again, for the trip. DH cannot come with us due to his work schedule & so it will just be me & DD. Also, where is the best place to buy the A7? And if you have an A7, can you use it with 2 kids (Trying to think ahead to the future here). If anyone can help I'd be very appreciative! TIA. :)

lmariana
09-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Hmm, I think the Kecci might actually be better for the flight. The A7 is smaller, and I don't find the backpack straps as comfy. I hope this helps a bit. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

Emmas Mom
09-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Really? I guess I thought that the Fleurville MS & A7 were pretty big from the posts I've read. Well, I suppose that solves it for me. Thanks.

lmariana
09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
The Mothership is very big, the Alpha 7 is medium sized. I think the Kecii fits in the middle. I'd offer some comparison photos, but I've gifted my Kecci to my expectant cousin!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

robmab719
09-27-2004, 11:36 PM
I think the Kecci and A7 are almost exactly the same size. The Alpha might be a tad deeper (front to back), but overall I think you could get almost the same amount of stuff in both. I could barely fit enough for my one 8-month-old in either of these bags, so I don't think they would work for 2 kids. Also, not sure if this is even an issue for you, but the Kecci changing pad is much thicker than the flimsy one that comes with the A7.

Can't speak to which is more comfy to wear as a backpack, since I've only used the Kecci messenger style and I sold my A7 before I ever used it. (It was a great bag, but the blue chocolate wasn't girly enough for me.) :)

Emmas Mom
09-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Thanks to you both for the info. I never use the changing pads that come with the diaper bags. I prefer the Huggies disposable ones. ;) They are just so much more convenient & save so much more space in my opinion.

I'm thinking that I'll be taking my Kecci (backpack style) & wearing my Little Tripper messenger style. How fun is this going to be?! lol

kensjen
09-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Another thing to consider is price...the Kecci is half the price of the A7...sometimes even less! And I agree, the A7 is not very comfortable as a backpack.

pixelprincess
09-29-2004, 02:23 AM
I have both the bags and find the Kecci quite a bit more roomier than the A7. It doesn't have as much organization, so in some ways the Kecci is a bit of a bottomless pit in comparison. I have been pondering the same question, and think I will travel with the Kecci as the backpack feature is so much better and it will be nice to have the extra room while travelling. And not to mention the two side pockets that can actually fit sippys.

I might be selling my A7...LOL.