PDA

View Full Version : Shopping cart covers: sewcuteboutique or angelynrose?

tny915
09-27-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm torn between www.angelynrose.com and www.sewcuteboutique.com! I've searched the boards and know that both have excellent customer service, and both are cushy comfy seats. The sewcuteboutique cover has a few more toy links on it, and there's a slight difference in price between the two, but a couple dollars doesn't make much difference to me. I'm also planning on buying my own fabric from www.cottonshop.net and sending it to whomever I end up choosing. Can anyone do a comparison to help me decide?

TIA!

kensjen
09-27-2004, 10:56 PM
I have no experience with angelynrose, but I am in LOVE with my sewcuteboutique cover. It is so well made, seems comfy for DS, is super cute, and has been through many many washings and still looks brand new. I plan to buy a few more of these for shower gifts for my friends, and I recommend them to everyone I know. I am sure you will not be disappointed if you buy one from sewcuteboutique. Hopefully someone can do a comparison for you, I just wanted to rave on Cathy!

Emmas Mom
09-28-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm jumping in to rave about Cathy too. I just sent her some fabric today & I have to say she's been great so far! Even weathering the hurricanes hasn't slowed her responding or anything. She's going to e-mail me pictures of different options for my "reverse side" when she gets my fabric. Sorry I can't help you with the comparison either.

dowlinal
09-28-2004, 11:24 AM
Add me to the list of very happy sewcuteboutique customers. I love Cathy and her covers are so cute and comfy. I've order two from her and they are so well made. Like the PP, they've held up through many washings and work wonderfully in all the shopping carts and highchairs I have encountered. DD tends to get bored easily so I have found that I do use all of the loops. I keep a different toy attached to each one to keep her happy and occupied. Also, its so soft that with the big costco type carts, dd will sometimes lean to the side and go to sleep on the attached pillow

Also, I know you said that you were going to purchase your own fabric, but if you e-mail Cathy there is a good chance that she already has what you want. For my first cover I asked if she had any girl's fabric with hippos and amazingly she did. For the second cover, my mom wanted fish and she had 10 different fabrics to choose from.

HTH!

tigalig
09-28-2004, 11:33 AM
I have not heard of angelynrose so it's probably not fair to vote for Cathy, but I will anyway because I absolutely love the cover she made for us. I sent her the fabric and she was great about telling me how much, what would match, etc. She's professional and kind and her work is superb! Good luck making your decision.

tny915
09-28-2004, 05:32 PM
Okay, you've all sold me on Cathy. I've just ordered my fabric to be sent to her. She really does respond quickly---her power was just restored from the hurricane and she got back to me within 3 hours of submitting my order!

I can't wait to get my cover from her. Thanks for the comments!

bluhimmy
09-28-2004, 09:42 PM
For those of you using Cathy and sending in your own fabric, how much fabric is needed? I'm keeping my eye out for a fabric I just love. So in case I find it, I'll know how much to purchase.

dowlinal
09-28-2004, 10:01 PM
You won't have to wait long. I think I had both of mine within a week!

LuLusMaMa
09-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Not to make your decision more difficult but...

Have you seen www.snazzybaby.com? These are gorgeous - especially for a girl.

Emmas Mom
09-28-2004, 11:40 PM
She needs a yard & a half for each side (at least 44" wide). So, if you're going to pick out both sides, she'd need a yard & a half of EACH fabric. I picked out my top side & am letting her pick out a matching solid for the reverse side. Well, sort of, she's going to pick a couple & send me photos with them next to my fabric. She really is great to work with. :D

quikeye
09-29-2004, 04:24 AM
I also sent Cathy my fabric (one side only-- 1.5 yds)... I told her what I wanted for the reverse and she found it perfectly! Looks great, and I couldn't be happier with mine (still have to take pics!)

bluhimmy
10-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks. I'm going to keep my eye out for cool fabrics.