PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an Orange A7?

urbanmama
09-28-2004, 03:11 PM
I never seem to hear that one being mentioned. I would love to get a fall color. I always play it safe with black or navy and I'm trying to break out of my rut.

The orange looks kind of fun, but it might be too bright for me. I would love an A7 in the Houndstooth or Chocolate Cord, but, alas, only the Mothership gets the fun new colors.

So, does anyone have the orange? What do you think of it?

Thanks!

Marie

mamagoosie
09-29-2004, 12:07 PM
I wanted a fun A7 too and I came THIS CLOSE to ordering the orange--but decided to go with red. My concern was that the orange, especially in cord, would scream FALL--and I would never use it come March, much less summer. And if I'm going to spend $100+ on a bag, I want to be able to use it year-round.

Want to hear something else silly? I probably would have ordered it in orange if the strap had been black instead of tan--my alma mater's colors are orange and black.

Sooo...I'll probably get the skip hop in orange and black. Go tigers.

urbanmama
09-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Alex! I'm beginning to think that NO ONE has ever ordered the orange. I'm so tempted, but nervous too. I ordered a blue chocolate which I really liked until I saw the pink chocolate. I fell in love with it and sold my blue chocolate (I hadn't used it yet). Unfortunately, my pink chocolate had a flaw so I'm waiting for a replacement right now.

I love the pink, but think it would be nice to have another fall/winter one. Unfortunately, the A7 doesn't have a lot of fabric choices (if they had a Chocolate cord or a Houndstooth, I'd be all over it).

So, I'm considering the orange, but may end up getting a Bandicoot instead. I already have a red Skip Hop.

Anyway, I wish someone would report on the orange...

Marie

whittyanne
09-29-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm curious to hear too! I'm having serious diaper bag dilemmas right now. I think what I really want is the A7 in the Houndstooth... but of course it doesn't come in that. So I'm not sure if I should order the MS, or order the A7 in something else. I'd love to go nuts and get the orange cord but I don't know how much I'd use it come winter. So I'm thinking red. Or blue chocolate... I just don't know!!

urbanmama
10-01-2004, 03:22 PM
No one has said that they have the orange. Is it even more unpopular than I thought?

urbanmama
11-09-2004, 03:09 PM
I got the orange cord A7 and I LOVE IT!!! It is a beautiful shade of orange and it is so rich looking. I'm so glad that I took the plunge. I'm so NOT an orange girl, but I've been really drawn to pumpkin colored things this year (I think I'm breaking out of my black/navy/khaki rut finally).

I plan to use it during fall/winter and I'll go back to my pink chocolate A7 for spring/summer.

newmomto1
11-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Very cool!!
Where did you find it still available in orange???????????????

audball
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
It looks like www.modernseed.com (based in Oakland, CA) still has some in the orange cord. Totally cool store! :) Good luck! Also, a fiesta stripe is on starting bid on ebay at 59.99...

alkagift
11-09-2004, 09:18 PM
I don't have one but I saw a cute petite woman (that sounds creepy, but I just glanced up) going into a Whole Foods without a baby with one--and it looked cute, not diaper-baggy at all! I saw her I guess in late August, so it seemed pretty summery to me at the time since I live in the south.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

urbanmama
11-09-2004, 09:32 PM
I got it from BrownsOn5th.com. I am so happy with it!!

newmomto1
11-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Any chance you could post some pics?
I'd love to see it!!
What color is the interior??

urbanmama
11-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Sure, I'll post pics, but it'll have to be tomorrow. I'm on the East Coast and I'll heading to bed in a minute :-) .

The interior is tan. I actually expected it to be chocolate like my pink one, so I was a little surprised, but I really like it. It doesn't have that "black hole" effect.

mom2bes
11-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Just wondered if you ever posted pics anywhere??
I did a search but couldn't find any.
I love to see pictures of your orange A7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urbanmama
11-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi! Sorry!! I completely forgot that I was supposed to post pics of my A7. I've attached a couple, but I don't know how helpful they will be. The orange looks SO much brighter on my screen than it does IRL. The orange is a medium, pumpkin orange-- not too bright at all, but it doesn't come off that way on my screen.

If you need any other pics, let me know! I am soooo happy with this bag!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16995.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/16996.jpg

audball
11-20-2004, 06:23 PM
If anyone is looking for a deal on this, I have a coupon code for www.modernseed.com (lots of cool fun stuff too!). Enter EASY20 at checkout and you get $20 off the alpha 7 in orange cord (they have a blue chocolate too). This would put the total to $102 for the bag (but you still have to pay for shipping).

HTH!