PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop have some questions

reseam
09-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone! Thanks to this forum I was introduced to the Skip Hop Duo and now I'm considering purchasing one, but I do have a couple of questions I was hoping some of you could help me with? First of all I'm trying to decide on which color to get either, black, navy, red or charcoal. I want a color DH will want to use as well and I'm sure he would approve of these, although the red might be a stretch. What are your opinons on these choices? Secondly, what in your opinion would be the best place to purchase one from, best deal, customer service and return policy?? I thought of Target.com first, but was wondering if there were other places that might be a better choice.

Thanks for any help!!!

Reseam
Mommy to Kayla Elizabeth (9/23/00)
and Joshua Alan (11/11/02)
and in desperate need of a new diaper bag!!

casey118
09-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I have red and love it. It stands out from my other black bags and doesn't get too dirty. My DH would carry it without issue. I haven't seen the other colors. I got mine from www.runningstroller.com which I think has good service and answers questions promptly, but I haven't had to return anything. People on this board order from there a lot though so maybe someone else can give you their thoughts on that. I bought it on a "Strollerqueen" special.

newmomto1
09-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Hi,
Do you have a Nordstroms in your city? They have red and black ones at mine. They have an AWESOME return policy!
HTH :-)

saschalicks
09-28-2004, 07:30 PM
I love mine! I bought Ice Blue. DH has no problem carrying that. However, he really didn't care as long as it wasn't "pink". Anyway, I bought mine on e-bay brand new and had no problems. Of course I didn't need to return it, so it wasn't a big deal. HTH Enjoy your Skip*Hop

ILoveLT
09-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Target is a good choice. They let me return a swing after about 80 days. Babycenter.com is good too. I've ordered tons of stuff from them and never had a problem.

I have the black skip hop and it is cool looking. I love the big pockets on the outside. Just one pocket can hold two large Avent bottles plus a cold pack to keep the bottle cool.

newmomto1
09-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Seriously? You can fit TWO Avents in the outer pocket?? WOW. I just got my Skip Hop today & am still struggling with the downsizing of what I carry. I must be doing something wrong..I took it to the mall today & I packed:
Huggies Wipe Container in 1 inner pocket
3 size 3 cruisers in the other inner pocket
1 Avent bottle in the main compartment
1 Carters one piece outfit in the main compartment
1 burp cloth in the outer pocket (with the changing pad)
Left front outer pocket: Granola bar & small container of cheerios
Right front outer pocket: 2 small toys
Front zipper pocket: Shout wipes, Wet ones, 2 Similac Singles packs, & a couple Bibsters
Back zipper pocket: shoulder strap, ziploc bag, empty for dirty stuff
Cell phone pocket: Purell
I am DETERMINED to make this bag work for me..
Here's my issue...today I found that I had a ton of room left in the main compartment...but unable to get anything in there because of the narrowness (does that make sense?)
Do most of you carry your diapers & wipes in the inner or outer pockets? I tried both, but it still seemed to make access to the main compartment difficult.

Chelsey333
09-30-2004, 09:29 PM
I know exactly what you mean! The bottom part has room, but if you have stuff in the zippered compartment it makes it hard to get stuff in the bottom. I carry my diapers and wipes in those 2 pockets deep down in the inside. I carry 3 size 3 diapers and 1 size 5 with the wipe case and diaper cream. I put a lot more in the main compartment than you do, I stuff mine full. I keep 2 baby outfits, receiving blanket, 3 bibs, burp cloth, and sometimes a small sweater for baby.

newmomto1
09-30-2004, 09:33 PM
How the heck do you get it all in??
Do you carry any bottles? If so, where?
I need to practice my packing techniques!

Chelsey333
10-01-2004, 08:20 AM
I just shove as much as I can in the main compartment. My bag looks a little swelled at times. Well, my ds is wearing 6-12 mos. clothing, so the clothing is small. I usually carry skinny outfits, like one pce outfits or a jersey and sweatpants. I am nursing but do bring a bottle sometimes. Yesterday, I had a bottle and I usually just stick it in main compartment on the side. I have skinny bottles too, Dr. Brown. I also keep a bag in the car with extra supplies. 99% of the time I change my baby's diaper in the car.

ShaniB123
10-02-2004, 02:26 PM
I just got a charcoal one from www.arunningstroller.com. I was not charged shipping or tax, so I think the total cost was $50.95. I'm not sure about the return policy, but it was shipped to me (free of charge) by priority mail), so I think I had it within two days (arunningstroller.com is in FL, and I'm in CA). The charcoal is definitely masculine enough for my husband to carry- even he agrees.

First due in CA in October