PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 knock-off @ Old Navy

heatherlynn
10-01-2004, 10:38 PM
I think it's been posted before, but the T2 knock-offs at Old Navy are now $9.99 for the navy/royal and black/gray combos and $12.99 for the gray/yellow combo.

Now, it's not the T2 quality and it doesn't have quite as good organization, but for those prices, I figured I'd try one out! I received it today so if anyone wants pix, I can try to figure out how to post them. I think size-wise it is similar to the medium T2, if I remember correctly. For 10 bucks, I'd say it's a great buy! I know I will definately use it.

eta 10/6 - now the yellow is 9.99 also.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

nupe
10-10-2004, 11:21 AM
So what is the ON bag organization like? Is it useful at all?

Thanks,

heatherlynn
10-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Very minimal! It does have a small pocket section on the front under the flap - it has 2 pen holders, a pocket w/ a smaller zipper pocket in front of that, and a cell phone holder. There is a larger pocket on the back of the bag. There are 2 mesh bottle pockets on the outside of the bag. On the inside, there is a small mesh zipper pocket on the back of the bag (maybe 5x7 or so).

Quite honestly, after packing it up last night with what I'd ideally like to put in it, I don't think it would work too well as a diaper bag for me. It's pretty big. And the bag is pretty flimsy. But having said that, I'm still going to keep it. I like the way it looks and it does have some organization. I can use, DH can use, or it can be a bag for the kids and I won't have to worry about it getting dirty or anything.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

nupe
10-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks! That info is really helpful. I am definitely going to get get one, maybe to use as a messenger bag if the diaper function doesn't work out. I need something for work that isn't fancy looking anyway. I wonder if the insert (snap out) from my LE DIA bag will fit in this...which is how I travel by air, the DIA insert inside my travelpro flight bag.

heatherlynn
10-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Hmmm. I was thinking of going by the mall tomorrow and they have a Sears there that has the DIA. If I do, I'll pick one up and try it out for you. Of course, I'll have to return it, which is a bummer because the organization on the DIA looks great!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

audball
10-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Heather, I just wanted to thank you for the tip - the bags here are $6.97 in store :)! I bought a few for gifts. What I found was helpful was to get my old laptop protector from my briefcase (waaaay back when I used to work) and use it to store the diapers, wipes, changing pad and hand sanitizer. I can pull it out for quick trips to the restroom to change the kids. I'll also pick up a few inexpensive zippered pockets at an office supplies store or at the cosmetic section to organize the smaller things.

But the thing holds so much! There is also a nice padded shoulder pad on the strap with a little flap of material to hold sunglasses while wearing it messenger style.

I'll never give up on searching for the perfect bag...but I'm kind of chuckling to myself that I was fully prepared to spend $100 on a new diaper bag and I found one for less than $7.00! :)

heatherlynn
10-14-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm so glad it worked out for you. I was beginning to think tha maybe I shouldn't have posted since no one really seemed to respond to it! Anyway, it is a nice bag. I was thinking of buying some fabric and sewing a middle pocket into it. Or just making some pockets with fabric and velcro. I don't know... maybe that sounds cheesy, but I figure I could customize it for me and how I pack.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

nupe
10-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks for posting. It is more of what i wanted compared to the one I saw on the gap website (canvas) but didn't want to buy without seeing--and wasn't in hte store. The ON bag was 4.88 at my local ON. 30% off all clearance. You really can't beat that price. I'm pretty sure my DIA insert will fit. You have 1 week to get a price adjustment--they just scan the bar code on your receipt, and poof you get your refund.

They also had 1.99 children's backpacks...very cute styles, in case you don't have enough bags. http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=9040050&wpid=2548092