PDA

View Full Version : My Ella Bag Finally Arrived

AbbieF
10-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Well, after waiting over 9 weeks, being told it had been shipped 9/12 sending 3 emails and 2 phone calls later my bag arrived this week. It is a nice bag and fortunately it seems to have been made well- piping and fabric patterns line up etc.. But, I'm still not sure its worth the money and I'm glad I had a code for 25% or I would be truly disappointed. Some of the issues I have are really design flaws. I ordered the Lily bag in the Nova check fabric with the vinyl interior. The bag is not huge, but its still a generous size: 14" Tall, 18" Wide, 12" x 6" Base and the straps are less than 3/4" wide. The straps should really be a bit wider especially when I have it completely packed I know those straps will be sliding off my shoulder. I also paid extra for a vinyl interior. IMO its really a very cheap laminate, that krinkles every time its touched. Although the interior is lined the fabric for the pockets is not so that really defeats the purpose of spills and messes. In addition, the bag only comes standard with three very small pockets- there is no real organization for this bag. I had to pay extra for everything that makes this a diaper bag instead of a tote that I could find almost anywhere. Even generic totes come with a nylon interior that's wipable, a few pockets and a zipper. My overall disappointment with the design and my horrendous experience with their customer service confirms for me that I won't be ordering again from Ella.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

SteelerFan
10-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Any pictures? I **really** like the Nova check pattern! But after hearing so many people complain about waiting for their bag and the condition of the bag, I've decided to pass on the Ella bag! Even with a 25% coupon after adding everything I want I'm up to around $90--I'd rather buy a MS or a PPB for that price and know that it's a well made bag. Hope it turns out to be a great bag for you after all you went through to get it!

Amy
2 dds
ds-8-9-04

khakismom
10-02-2004, 09:23 PM
You know, this is a real shame! I obviously can't explain why they seem to be having all these problems, but it is very disappointing. They used to make wonderful bags and be on top of their CS. I guess those days are gone. :(

So sorry you had to go thru all that junk to get your bag. But I hope you'll be happy with it.

AbbieF
10-03-2004, 12:07 AM
No pictures right now, but I'll try to get some. I really do like the fabric and its great for me when I drop DS off at daycare and go on to work. I then don't have a bag screaming out "Beware of diapers & spit-up on this woman's shoulder"!

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

pritchettzoo
10-03-2004, 01:45 AM
If you want a backpack, Kim at Whimsical Wears has one Nova Check left: http://www.whimsicalwears.com/novapack.php

Anna

lmintzer
10-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Oooh--I'd grab that one while it lasts. I have one of these, and it is sooo pretty! And so beautifully made. The red lining and piping are a rich, ruby color and match the stripe in the Nova pattern so well. The backpack itself is nice and stiff and holds its shape nicely (but isn't too stiff to draw shut easily. The adjustable straps are wonderful! Will help me get it on over a bulky, Chicago winter coat.

Though I'd love a big tote in Nova (the pack is a little smaller than ideal for me--I'm a heavy packer), this is a great bag!