PDA

View Full Version : Raves for Cathy (Sewcuteboutique)...new clip (pics)

Emmas Mom
10-04-2004, 01:12 PM
For any of you thinking about a shopping cart cover (and I know this has been covered dozens of times)....I'm just going to put in another plug for Cathy of Sewcuteboutique. She is so wonderful to work with...very professional, very enthusiastic & very fast. Also, she is adding an option for an attachment (clip) to the "seat belt" so you don't have to thread it through the cart any longer, just clip it to the back of the cart (first picture). I'm so excited to get it & go shopping!!! :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14269.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14270.jpg

saschalicks
10-04-2004, 01:17 PM
I can't wait for my baby to be old enough for me to order one. Yours is great. I love the new clip. What's her website?

Emmas Mom
10-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks, I had fun finding a fabric (made me feel "crafty") lol Her website is www.sewcuteboutique.com. If you don't see a fabric you like you can pick out your own & send it to her (she reduces the price if you buy your own fabric) or order it online at someplace like www.thecottonshop.net (I THINK that's the site) & they send it to her directly. I went to JoAnn's & found mine. The clip is a great idea...I HATE threading the belt & rarely have done it with the cover we have right now. That one will be "garage saled". ;) Hope you are able to work with her, I found her through this board & have had a great experience working with her. :D

dowlinal
10-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Just to add to what the pp said, Cathy has a lot of fabrics not listed on her website, so you can ask her for what you're looking for and chances are she'll have something. If you're like me getting to a fabric store is virtually impossible so I asked her is she by any chance had a hippo print and amazingly she did. My mom asked for fish and got 8 fabrics to choose from.

I think I am going to e-mail her and see if she can sell me two of those clips

firsttimemommy
10-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Cathy is making one for me with fabric I found and sent her! She is incredibly sweet and answered a ton of questions for me (she chatted with me a bit too about non-SCC stuff!!) So nice of her when I know she must be super busy! I can't wait to get mine! I didn't know about the clip!

Oh and loooove your celestial print! So bright and pretty!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

AbbieF
10-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks for posting this ! I'm having 2 covers made right now by Cathy and as everyone says she's is amazing to work with. I didn't even look as to where she was located, just sent her an email inquirying about the covers and she emailed me back in 2 hours. I found out from her response that she lives in Florida and actually apologized that since she had no power and was working off her pc battery she would email me samples as soon as she could! I ended up finding a great fabric on www.contemporarycloth.com (see attachment) and they sent out the fabric in less than a day and in 3 days from ordering Cathy had the fabric. Check out their fabric site if you're looking for something a little different. Can't wait to get the covers from Cathy!

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/14316.jpg

Emmas Mom
10-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Cute fabric! Please post pictures when she's done!! :D

I can't believe the hurricanes hardly slowed her down or anything. She even e-mailed once during the last one & said she was using her dial up connection! lol Oh the horror of dial up! ;)