PDA

View Full Version : Are the OiOi bags decent quality?

ShaniB123
10-07-2004, 07:35 PM
I love the look of the OiOi black messenger bag with charcoal gray circles, and of all the beautiful diaper bags there are, I really think this one would would best with my wardrobe. However, I remember reading on this board that some people thought they were not good quality. Does everyone agree, or is there some variation on that? For example, are some of their bags (e.g., backpacks) better or worse quality than others (e.g., messenger bags), or are there problems with all of them? Or, have some of you had good OiOi experiences? Please let me know! Thanks!

First due in CA in October

robmab719
10-07-2004, 11:19 PM
I have the OiOi messenger in chocolate/pink and I have not had any quality issues with it. I've only owned it for about a month, but I've used it quite a bit, and I actually really love this bag. I knew I was taking a chance on it and I really didn't have high expectations, due to the feedback from this board. But I have to say that I really love my OiOi bag.

The only issues I would point out are:
1) There are a couple of seams on the interior that are not perfectly "turned under" so I see about a quarter-inch of raw seam at the top of the pockets. Not a big deal unless you are incredibly picky about the INSIDE of your bag.

2) The strap is not padded and is too short to be worn messenger style. I only use it as a shoulder bag and have not found it to be uncomfortable.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 9 for organization, a 7 for construction and a 10 for style. I absolutely love the look of this bag!

lmariana
10-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Hi there! I've owned 2 OiOi bags, and had quality issues with one- it had a faulty zipper that broke as I was inspecting my new bag, bummer!

The other one I returned because I wasn't happy with a couple things:
1. The "messenger" bag couldn't be worn messenger style! I love messenger bags, so that was a deal-breaker for me...
2. The exterior and interior of my bag was all cotton, which made me nervous because I like a little bit of waterproofness or at least nylon in my diaper bags, for easy cleaning.

I've never tried the microfiber messenger that Robyn has (poster above), so take my review with a grain of salt!

I did like the organization though. Have fun choosing your new bag!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
Join the Babybags Swap group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/join

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)