PDA

View Full Version : Baby Sherpa Question

heatherlynn
10-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Can someone please tell me how the cooler is integrated into the backpack? I've seen pictures (thanks Mariana!) but I just don't get it! Is it on the outside or is it on the bottom? If it's on the bottom, then does that mean that the main backpack compartment isn't the length of the whole bag (not the full 17 inches of the bag)? I'm not sure I'm explaining myself well at all! I guess from the pictures it looks as if the coolor is like an "envelope" where it kind of folds out from the backpack instead of being like the entire bottom third of the bag.

I hope this makes sense! Thanks to anyone who can help me!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

lmariana
10-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi Heather! I'll try to explain it a bit...

The cooler is on the bottom of the bag. It is a separate compartment that unzips, and it's like a big pocket/section lined in waterproof silvery insulation material. In the cooler, there is a small mesh pocket where I like to keep ice packs. It's a soft-sided cooler section and padded with a small drainage opening on the bottom.

So yes, the bag does not open inside to the full 17" depth.

I hope this helps a bit!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
Join the Babybags Swap group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/join

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

heatherlynn
10-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Mariana, I don't know what I'd do without you! I think I jumped the gun and bought a few bags that I'm not really sure fit my needs.

I'm trying to get 3-4 bags that really suit my lifestyle. I'm thinking that I'd like to use the Short Haul for our day trips. DH could carry it too. The cooler section is key because I could carry formula as well as food for my 6 year old (sandwiches, string cheese, etc). She's a grazer so we always need to have food with us (she's a little thing, too, believe it or not!). Plus, I need extra clothes, a burp cloth, blanket, changing pad, and diapers/wipes for the baby, as well room for my wallet, cell, keys, and camera.

I have an Alpha 7, and I love the organization, but I hate the way it feels when I wear it backpack style (which is why I bought it in the first place). I'm actually thinking of selling it and getting a Kecci instead (why I sold that one is beyond me). Then I'd have my old style LE LT, which is not exciting, but is working surprisingly well for me, and a skip hop I just bought the other day.

Anyway, sorry I'm rambling. I'm just kind of thinking out loud. It helps me if I put my thoughts in writing!

Thanks again for your help as usual!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04