PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a new diaper bag!

jayhjay
10-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi ladies,

I am looking for some advice from all you diaper bag experts. I am finding what I have aren't fitting my needs, but not sure what will. My current favorite bag is my Chester tote. But I am embarrased to say it is too small! I find that it is so full I can't close it most of the time so I think it is going to have to be retired to a "quick trip" bag. I tend to be a heavy packer and I have one in diapers and one training (who needs a change of clothes and pullups still). Plus I carry all my stuff. So I need something big. My first inclination was a MS, but I am short (5' 2") and very short waisted and I really don't think I can pull off something so big. I am considering a Timi & Leslie as an alternative, but now I worry it isn't going to be big enough (any ideas how the T&L compares in size to the Chester?). But if it is more organized, I might fit the stuff better (Chester doens't have much in teh way of organization). I am also thinking of a Bumble bag. Their big totes seem large, but I konw nothing about them.

So, any ideas? I would prefer a messenger bag (especially with adjustable straps). I rarely wear backpacks except in summer so this isn't a prioirty. I want something in a "chic" kind of fabric so I don't want anything too rugged (ruling out Timbuk2 I think) or anything too "cute" or too "fancy" (no PPB). In an ideal world I'd love vinyl covered like the T&L. Am I being too difficult? Does such a thing exist? Any suggestions?

robmab719
10-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Have you seen these?

http://www.poshbaby.com/accessories.html

And these?

http://www.poshbytori.com/diaperbags.html

Both are waterproof on the outside and the Posh Baby one even has adjustable straps.

I think a Bumble is worth checking into as well. Did you know there's a discount on the Bumble Bags this week in the BabyBags group?

ckleist
10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
You could try the Loom Marsupial, it is 18"w x 11"h x 6"d...the measurements are bigger than the mothership, but I think others felt this bag was smaller in size and you can wear it on your shoulder or messenger style. I heard it has good organization too.

www.loomlife.com

http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/diaper-bag-lifestyles.html this link will give you an idea of what bags look like on people.

dwndestiny
10-11-2004, 12:19 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say that the A7 didn't work out for me, but the Loom Marsupial is an impressive bag, quality, looks, organization are all STELLAR-Loving this bag. I think they both fit the same amount of stuff though.
I really do love this bag...however for your needs I feel it isn't going to be big enough. I only pack for one newborn (I have 3 kids total), and don't consider myself a heavy packer and it has just enough room for her stuff and my wallet and a small makeup bag. Thats about 4 size 1 diapers, wipes case, sweater poncho for her, small blanket (Gymbo and Gap blankets are too big for this bag), a rolled cotton emergency romper, diaper changing pad, diaper rash ointment(full size California Baby) and hand sanitizer(travel bottle). For me, I have a full size wallet (the kind that fits a checkbook in one side), a calculater, a pen, a waterbottle (the side pockets actually fit a decent size water bottle, so a sippy cup/bottle would work easily!!) and a small makeup bag. You have to be careful not to over pack this bag because the magnetic snaps simply won't close if you do and it loses it's structured look and looks bulgy. If I where totally honest, I need something bigger too. I would like to pack snacks, a couple of capri suns, and the Leapster and GameBoySP for my older two, but there is just no way to do that with this bag. I have a T&L on order and am hoping it will fit more stuff :) I don't like the MS, so the T&L is my last hope, LOL. I love that the Loom's interior isn't black, BTW. I have the red one and it's got a lighter red interior.
Jennie