PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Skip Hop holds a lot!!

heatherlynn
10-11-2004, 10:41 PM
I can't believe I waited so long to get a Skip Hop. I took it out today to Wal Mart and it worked great on the shopping cart. Then I hooked it on my Aria when visiting DH and it worked great there, too. I love having everything at my fingertips.

I thought it wouldn't hold everything I need for a newborn, but it actually holds more than the Alpha 7. Here's is everything I carried in it:

**large back pocket - 3 size 1 dipes, hard wipe case, changing pad

**back zipper pocket - 2 6oz bottles of RTF formula

**main compartment - spare outfit, thermal blanket, burp cloth

**front zipper pocket - small cosmetic bag, small ziploc w/ tylenol, cough drops, etc, travel tissue pack, ziploc w/ bottle liners & nipple

**1 front patch pocket - wallet (one of those wallet on a string things that scream MOM! but hey: I'm a mom), pen in pen holder

**other front patch pokcet - 8oz water bottle for DD, snack size cashew bag, cereal bar

**cell phone pocket - duh, cell phone

**bottle pocket - 8oz platex premium nurser bottle

I could even put a few other things in the main compartment if I really wanted to! The bag doesn't even look bulging. The A7 couldn't hold all this and it looked like it was ready to explode w/ the stuff I did have in it.

If I could only have 1 bag, I think this would be it. Hope this helps someone.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

masetane
10-12-2004, 01:28 AM
Cool - I sold mine because I didn't like the strap switching but man, my A7 does not hold as much as I hoped and it gets really tippy. Mayebe they shoudl have made it wider?? I was loving this bag before but not so much lately, It feels very bulky. I think I will go back to my Lands End Little Tripper
Caroline
http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
Isabelle 10/1/00
Nicholas 2/27/03

newmomto1
10-12-2004, 01:45 AM
I just got a Skip Hop too...
I have had an on / off relationship with the Skip Hop for awhile...but I'm really liking it now!
I purchased one when DS was just a few months old & couldn't make it work. I just didn't have enough room for all the bottles & extra clothes I was carrying at the time (MAJOR spitter upper!!). And, converting the strap bugged me too. So, I sold it.
Then, last summer I saw them at Nordstroms & decided to give it another shot...but, still couldn't make it work. So, I returned it.
Now, many bags later...
DS doesn't spit up as much, & since he's eating some solids I don't have to shlep as many bottles around. I thought...okay, I am giving it ONE MORE CHANCE....all these people must love it for a reason, right?...and none of my other bags were totally satisfying me.
Well....I really like it now! The strap thing still gets on my nerves...but overall I'm happy & trying to decide what color I should get next :-)
I can't wait to see what their new bags look like!
I would LOVE to see a camo with black & gray...I think that would look awesome!

heatherlynn
10-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Exactly! I think for the size of the A7 it should hold much more. I bet you could get just as much in the LE LT as the A7. Ok, well, almost. I actually like the LE LT a lot- I have the old style and I use that more than anything. Maybe because my trips are usually short and it was such a pain to lug the A7 around.

I agree - having to change the strap is a nuisance. But I think I'll use it mostly on a cart or the stroller, so I don't think I'll be changing it too often. Maybe they'll make it easier on the new ones.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

heatherlynn
10-12-2004, 08:33 AM
I think using the Playtex bottles and liners is probably why I can make it work with all my stuff. I only have to carry the one bottle around even if we're out all day. I just bring extra liners and nipples.

Camo gray and black? Hmmm...I can never pull anything like that off! I have the mushroom SH, but really only because I got it for $40 on clearance. I think I'd like red - everything I wear is black, gray, tan, navy, white, so it would work well w/ my wardrobe, plus add a little splash of color. How exciting am I? :P

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

newmomto1
10-12-2004, 10:05 AM
FWIW...EVERY bag I have is BLACK!
If I really got a "camo" bag (or even a red bag)...it would be very "wild & crazy" for me!
:-)