PDA

View Full Version : Bandicoot arrived today

reseam
10-12-2004, 02:42 PM
My Black/Moss Green Bandicoot arrived today and I have to say although it looks nice, I don't think it's what I am looking for. What suprised me the most is how uncomfortable the backpack straps are. First they wouldn't shorten enough and then I noticed they were cutting into my underarm area and that was unpacked! I also couldn't wear it messenger style even with the strap at it's longest it didn't seem to fit well on me. It was a tad heavy, but not overly so. It did fit everything I needed, although it was a snug fit. What I did like..the bottle pockets on the outside are great and even fit our largest sippy cups. It's nice having the little Joey clutch to hold Mommy items too. Overall the look is nice, just not sure if it is going to serve our needs. Plus DH and I are now seriously talking about number 3 and the Bandicoot definatly wouldn't work into those plans well. It'll hold things things for 2 kids if you are a light packer, or one if you are a medium packer, but no way could it hold things for 3!!

Reseam
Mommy to Kayla Elizabeth (9/23/00)
Joshua Alan (11/11/02)

ckleist
10-12-2004, 04:19 PM
How tall are you? I'm 5'7 and average build and I've been wanting one of these for awhile now, but haven't seen them IRL to try them out. From other reviews, it sounds like people find it either comfortable or uncomfortable in backpack mode and either the strap is long enough or not long enough in messenger style. I would like it primarily for use in backpack mode, don't think I'd ever use it in messenger mode. Do the backpack straps have those rubber sliding shoulder pads?

Thanks for your feedback!

reseam
10-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I"m 5'4" and it hangs quite low on my back. It would probably work better as a backpack for someone who is taller, at least that is my guess since it has more adjustments to make the straps longer in back pack mode than shorter. The straps for the backpack mode don't have any padding of any kind and it uses snaps to adjust it rather than a slider mechanism. Hope that helps some.

Reseam

ckleist
10-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks! I was wondering about the padding and if that would be an issue. I found this shoulder pad at ameribag http://www.ameribag.com/products/ergopad.html and was wondering if that would be needed to make it more comfortable in backpack mode, but for the price of the bag, you shouldn't have to spend another $20 to make it comfortable, especially if it was meant to be worn that way!

kensjen
10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
I think since this is a new design, that they are learning as they go. I am sure with all of the feedback from the many diaper bag-aholics (like me!) they will fix some of the problems with the bag. I am 5'6" and the backpack option was uncomfortable for me as well. I think the straps need some padding or something. Also, the fact that they have to stay tucked in the back pocket when not in use really made me decide to send the bag back. That pocket really could be used for other things, since the bag is small-ish. Like the marsupial, I didn't think the main strap is really long enough for messenger style. (for average to tall moms) It also didn't fit enough for a day out, at least for me. I just wanted to LOVE the bag since it is so pricey. The idea is great, I love the mommy purse and the backpack option...but it just didn't work out for me. I hope they come up with something similar, I would be very interested!