PDA

View Full Version : Corduroy Skip Hop - Can it be machine washed???

annasmom
10-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi, My Skip Hop is getting pretty nasty, but I have been too nervous to make the plunge myself. Has anyone washed theirs in the washing machine??? How has it come out??? I know the canvas can be machine washed, and I don't really see a reason why the corduroy couldn't either. TIA, Eileen

lmariana
10-13-2004, 05:44 PM
I think it would come out well. Try the gentle cycle, mild detergent and line dry. If you email Skip Hop they will answer any questions about bag care. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
Join the Babybags Swap group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/join

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

annasmom
10-14-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the tip Mariana. I emailed Skip Hop and they got back to me right away. Here is their response:

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for your question. Our corduroy bag is definitely machine washable,
hang to dry.

The pale pink is really light in color, though so try not to wash it too
harshly.

I would wash the bag cold and delicate cycle, hang to dry or, if you can, to
spot clean the stains or woolite them in the sink in cold. Of course, dry
cleaning is an option. Please take off the strap first brfore any washing.

Please let me know if you have any problems and thank you for
your purchase!

Best,
Ellen
Skip Hop

Ginazmck
10-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Cool! Thanks for the post! My olive has been the target of a starbucks vanilla latte...not pretty!

annasmom
10-14-2004, 08:14 PM
What a coincidence, mine was a mocha latte!! Eileen

annasmom
10-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Just wanted to give an update. I washed my light pink corduroy Skip Hop in the washing machine, delicate cycle, with Woolite, and it came out great. I still cannot get out the Mocha Latte stain, but its small and I can live with it!

ETA: I forgotto mention that I did NOT put the bag in the dryer, I hung it to dry.

AbbieF
10-23-2004, 09:45 AM
would it be worth it to risk having a fade spot? I never had any luck with "Shout" as a product, but "Shout" wipes have been a miracle for me. As long as you didn't put it in the dryer (which sets stains) it might come out. Also, oxyclean is great, but you do risk it fading.

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04