PDA

View Full Version : Moms with a toddler & a newborn...What bag works for you????

annasmom
10-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi, I am due with #2 in February, so just when it was getting really easy to pack for my one year old, we are about to enter a whole new era. My dd will be 17 months old when #2 is born. I have and use mostly my Skip Hop, or various non-diaper bag tote bags. However these will not cut it with 2 kids, especially a newborn. I have the LE Do-It-All, and do not want something that big (I use that bag to pack my dd for overnight trips). I was hoping someone could tell me what works for them??? I am not usually out for the entire day, maybe 3-4 hours at a time tops. Thank you so much!! Eileen

Chelsey333
10-14-2004, 05:23 PM
I used my skip hop with newborn and 2 year old and found it very convenient (I bf and did not need to pack bottles), and I usually have a bag in the car with extra supplies. Loved the skip hop so that I could wear bag messenger style or attach it to the stroller. I also love my A7 for trips out with both kids. I like the Mothership too, but more for longer days out. I feel the MS is too big (considering you have both kids to carry around too) to be carrying in to the mall, doctor's office, etc. Congratulations!

StephanieF
10-14-2004, 06:26 PM
I've just received my poshbaby bag and love it. It is quite large but still light and you don't feel like you are carrying a heavy bag before you start to fill it. I got one of the seconds on sale
Stephanie

audball
10-14-2004, 07:34 PM
This sounds a little nuts but I have a skiphop, an oioi messenger (similar in size to the MS) and a small Eddie Bauer sling. Yesterday I went to Old Navy on the advice of a gal here and bought their messenger bag - it's on sale for $6.97 here! I have been impressed with what it can carry...it's easy to wear messenger style and has a place for cell phone, pens and a small inner mesh pocket. A lot of my things can get jumbled around in all the space the bag has, but I put my old computer briefcase pad in with some dipes, wipes, and sanitizer. If I need more organizing pockets, I'm sure I can buy some inexpensive zippered pouches at Target or at a sporting goods store to organize it slightly better. There is a large back pocket in the back for things I need right away, and there is a nice shoulder pad on the strap too. And did I mention it was $6.97?! :)

I'm still waiting for a Loom Co-op...but this messenger bag surprised me. I used one on a cross-country flight with both kids. My husband carried the skip hop, I had a messenger bag and we filled both bags with toys, diapers, wipes, bibs, food, etc. It was marvelous and was great when make our two connecting flights.

For everyday, the messenger bag may be a little much - but if you pack a lot, it's a nice option.

Ginazmck
10-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Hmmm...not sure but I need to know this too! I'm hoping the MS I"m waiting for works for us. I pack ALOT and I don't think my skip hop is going to cut it!

tinkerthinker
10-14-2004, 09:15 PM
I have a 3 year old and 5 month old. I just got the pink A7 and am loving it! It fits everything I need for a trip out to the mall or a restaurant: 4 diapers, wipes case, bibs, wallet, keys, makeup bag, changing pad, mini first-aid kit, sunglasses, cell phone, and a couple small toys. I figure for longer outings I would just be adding an extra set of clothes for each child, which I carry in a separate leave-in-the-car bag.

I am petite and have found the MS or PPB to be a bit overwhelming on me. Plus I like the backpack/messenger option because I use the bjorn all the time!

HTH!