PDA

View Full Version : Protect-a-Bub rain cover review

sewblonde
10-14-2004, 04:56 PM
I received the Protect-A-Bub Light Weight Wind and Rain Cover Attachment from the Fields to test for a future Baby Bargains book. Here is my review:

The Protect-A-Bub stroller wind and rain covers come in various stroller and jogger types: single, twin, and tandem. The cover is like a light weight rain jacket for your stroller. It has air vents for circulation, clear plastic so you can see baby and he can see you, and a back flap which protects the basket under the stroller. The cover folds easily when you're done and comes with a fabric storage bag.

When I first heard of a rain cover for your stroller, I thought, "Who would take their child for a stroller ride out in the rain?" But now that I've had some experience, I realize that sometimes you can be out with baby and a storm pops up. This cover is so compact that it fits into a side zipper compartment on my stroller. I can put the cover in there and have it for when I need it.

My stroller is an EvenFlo Comfort Dimension travel system. There is a center handle for one-handed steering which got in the way of the back flap. Instead of the flap slipping through between the carriage and the handles, I had to drape my back flap over the handles. This did not protect my items in the under basket, but it did not interfere with my steering of the stroller, either.

In all, I would recommend this product.

--Amy Wilson