PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ultimate diaper bag for infant twins

marinkitty
10-19-2004, 10:42 PM
My friend is due with girl/girl twins any day now and the one thing she still has to find is a good diaper bag that will accomodate all the things she'll need for two little ones. Anyone have the ultimate twin infant diaper bag?

TIA!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

audball
10-19-2004, 11:54 PM
I don't know if I really have any suggestions, but I can tell you what NOT to get (LOL)! I have an OiOi messenger (which I really like), but they advertise their Travel Tote as a great bag for twins (presumably because of all the space). It does look large, however, when you put things in it, because the bag isn't quite structured enough on the bottom, you can very easily lose things ("black hole" effect, which I'm sure you have heard about). Certainly not terrible, but I thought I would mention that since they seem to advertise it for twins a lot.

Do you know if your friend prefers a "sporty" style or a more polished look? Maybe she loves totes that look more home-made? Messenger, backpack, tote? You may also want to consider if she will be traveling in a stroller a lot with them. If so, a bag which can fit on the stroller handles will be key....If she has a lot of stuff (which I would presume she will), the Fleurville Motherships have a lot of room and are very stuffable. I also love the SkipHop bags...totally convenient for stroller excursions. OiOi have very cute messenger bags (again, stuffable) too.

Have you considered giving her a gift certificate for an on-line diaper store? She could check out the styles and choose one herself :).

sarahs
10-20-2004, 11:32 AM
I have girl/girl twins (5mos old) and a 2.5yr old ds and I have a pink stripe Mothership that I love. It fits perfectly on the handle of my double snap n go. I am a light packer so I have still have room for more stuff if we are going to be out a long time. With twins, I need lots of interior organization and this bag has it.

jasabo
10-20-2004, 05:47 PM
The Mothership if she prefers a tote/polished look. The Baby Sherpa or Babybaks backpacks if she prefers the backpack. I've used all with my twins and they all work great.

Lisa - mom to 16 month old twin boys