PDA

View Full Version : Question to Skip Hop owners....

newmomto1
10-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Do all of you take the shoulder strap off EVERY TIME you use your bag with your stroller?
I know this makes me sound incredibly lazy...but the last couple days when I have gone out to run errands, I just hang the bag over the handlebars by the shoulder strap.
Everytime I do it, I think..."What's the point of having this bag if I do not even use it the way I am supposed to!".
Don't get me wrong...I really like my Skip Hop...but sometimes I think the strap thing is a pain.
I am just wondering if I am the only one who finds this task a bit time consuming.

ellies mom
10-20-2004, 03:19 AM
I've never put the strap on the bag. I leave it in the bottom. I almost never carry it if I don't have the stroller. I tend to leave it in the car with the stroller. I only bring it in the house to reload it. I'm thinking that makes me lazier.

AbbieF
10-20-2004, 07:59 AM
You're right it can be a pain. But, have you ever had a stroller start to tip 'cause of the bag? I do always take the strap off, but I pack kind of heavy(lots of bottles, etc..) and I always think about my high school physics class as I do it. Shorter straps, causes less drag/pull and the weight is distributed more evenly. So less chance of causing the stroller to tip and less chance of ripping your bag. If you're not a heavy packer, then its probably not an issue. I'm not an engineer so its just IMO :)

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

mfk0205
10-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Initially, I changed the strap out everytime. Now I either take my wallet out of the bag and leave the bag attached to the stroller (especially if we were out running errand and I had to get the stroller in and out several times.) or I just shorten the strap up and drape it over the handlebar. Basically, I wish that the long strap was permanently attached, so you didn't have to switch the strap when you wanted to go from carry the bag over your shoulder to carrying it on the stroller.

audball
10-20-2004, 12:29 PM
To me, shortening and lengthening the strap is more of a pain (I normally have the long strap on one of the shortest settings), so yes, I do take the strap off and then hang the bag using the hanger clips - like Abbie the physicist ;)! I put the long strap in the bag (on the bottom, where I know it won't fall out). But I also carry a fair amount in that bag...so it's very heavy.

saschalicks
10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
I do what you hate doing. I remove the long strap and use the stroller straps. I hate it too, but w/my stroller it causes less tipping. Plus when I put it on the stroller it is because we'll be using it for long periods of time. I want to get a T&L to use when I'm not using the stroller so the Skip*Hop can be used strictly for the stroller, like another poster stated.

leeming
10-26-2004, 01:02 AM
I do what Veronica does - I never use the shoulder strap. I pretty much only use it with my stroller, though, and then just use the little handle in the middle when I want to bring it in the house.

lmariana
10-26-2004, 05:47 PM
I detach the shoulder strap and leave it in my trunk. That way, when I come back to the car to put away the stroller, I just put the strap back on. If I know I'm getting right out again, I just leave it off. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
Join the Babybags Swap group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/join

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

shamrock
10-26-2004, 09:37 PM
I take the shoulder strap on and off all the time. I feel more confident using the bag on my stroller with the stroller straps.

priscilla73
10-27-2004, 03:15 AM
I leave it clipped on my jogging stroller that stays in the garage (a very expensive water bottle/IPOD/garage door opener holder) because I don't like to deal with the straps.

My poor Skip Hop has only been on neighborhood walks even though she was bought for a Disneyland trip.

kijip
10-27-2004, 05:56 AM
It mostly hangs on my stroller. When I need to carry it I don't find swapping the straps hard. I would think it would be easier to leave it in stroller mode than in shoulder bag mode.

tbdw425
10-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know if the shoulder strap will stretch across the handles of a double Mac? Many thanks

mfk0205
10-27-2004, 02:48 PM
The two short straps are not long enough to hook around the outside bars of my Aria Twin, so I doubt they would work on the Mac double. However, the long strap is long enough to reach across the width of double stroller handles. HTH

Michelle

tbdw425
10-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Many Thanks

winifredzb
10-28-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty lazy about putting the long strap on! All of you ladies make me feel much better -- I know I'm not the only one. :)
I primarily use it on the stroller or a shopping cart when I'm shopping w/ the girls.