PDA

View Full Version : My New PPB Dynamite Roll Boxy Backpack is Here!

TonFirst
10-20-2004, 01:49 PM
As some of you on the diaper bag group might recall, when I found out that the Dynamite Roll bags were on backorder, I decided to order my bag directly from Babystyle - they had a coupon code so I was able to get the bag for about $10 (+ shipping) more than the co-op price. (I changed my co-op order to the Paris Weekend, as I figure it will be perfect for the summer.) My bag arrived today, and I love it...

...But I'm not quite sure how I can do a review of it, as my baby won't be here for about another six weeks. I wish my 9-week-old nephew were still in town (he was here all weekend) so I could use some of his diaper bag contents to get some pictures of the packed bag.

In the meantime (I'll post photos of the bag shortly), the bag is GORGEOUS. The blue color of the brocade is a perfect Tiffany blue, if that makes sense. The lining and piping are a little more pink than I expected - the photos on the internet make it look more like a rich red than a dark pink - but it's definitely a dark pink. I'm a little worried that it might clash with my dark red winter coat, but not so worried that I won't wear the bag - it's really a beautiful bag.

Upon first inspection, I don't see any quality issues. I like how the changing pad, which is pretty cushy, unattaches from the bag, and I DO have some bottles at home, so I'll check out how the side bottle gussets work and post some photos of that, too.

Now, even though my baby's not here yet, I do have a lot of baby stuff at home, so if y'all wanted to suggest some things to pack in the bag (blankets, clothes, diapers, etc.), I can give the bag a dress rehearsal and post photos.

I'm impressed with the size of the bag - it seems bigger than I remember the one I saw IRL (the old version of the red one), and I don't tend to be a heavy packer, so I think it will work well for me.

Now, I'm just really, really excited to receive the Paris Weekend boxy backpack that I ordered through the co-op!

robmab719
10-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Ooh, I would LOVE to see some pics!

Here are some things I keep in my diaper bags, if you want to stick some in for a test-run:

3-4 diapers
Huggies travel-size wipes case
change of clothes (maybe a shirt and pants)
sun hat
sunscreen
diaper ointment
1 or 2 bottles
1-2 burp cloths
bib
teething toy and/or small board book
small ziploc full of cheerios

I heard someone describe that reddish pink color in the bag as "watermelon" -- is that more accurate?