PDA

View Full Version : I think I may have to just get the LE Do-It-All, and maybe the LT

hudsonam
10-21-2004, 05:00 PM
I've been back and forth about a bag, looking at the Skip Hop, the LL Bean Microfiber Shoulder Bag and the Short Haul Baby Sherpa most recently, and aside from the Short Haul, I think I need something bigger than the Skip Hop and LL Bean bag, just while the baby is a newborn. I know myself, and I need everything and the kitchen sink for myself, much less a new baby. And I'm deciding against the Short Haul because I think I'd rather have something that can go on my shoulder, or over it messenger style, plus it's pricey (but worth it, for what it offers... Maybe down the road).

Anyway, I think I may just go for the LE Do-It-All, and then I thought, "Hmm... I can get that and the Little Tripper for the price of one of these other bags, so I'll get the LT for trips to the mall and whatnot!" ;-) I hope I like the LE bags. The LT looks so much better in pictures I've seen here than on the site! They need to improve, yet again, their pictures. I know they made some improvements, but it's still not selling the bags as well as they could be. And for some reason, their site is freezing my computer at home.

So I am back to where I started in this journey. Function over style, I guess. ;-) For now...

newmomto1
10-21-2004, 06:09 PM
If your going for function...I think this is a good combo. You *could* pack up the DIA with lots of extras & keep it in your car & then just use the LT all the time!
I have an LT...I had a DIA but returned it...it just wasn't for me..but it is big & organized!
I don't know that you would find it easy or comfortable to wear messenger style since it has a double strap.
Have you checked out the Timbuk2 bags at all?? That is what I have as my car bag right now & I am carrying the Skip Hop.
The Timbuk2 is very organized!! It is more expensive though. If you are not yet sure what your needs will be I think getting the 2 LE bags is a great idea! Especially because if they do not work out for you you can return them at any time to Sears!
Good Luck!

hudsonam
10-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback! :) I forgot I read that the DIA has two straps. So they just made them longer? Seems odd. You'd think maybe they would have left the shorter straps, and then added one long one. Oh well. I probably wouldn't wear it messenger-style very often anyway, if I could. After hearing the pros and cons of backpacks, and the fact that, to get into it to get anything, you have to take it off (common sense, but sometimes you don't think of these things), I realized it might not be my top choice.

I think, and hope, it'll be functional, if nothing else. And since it's inexpensive, I can get away, hopefully, with getting something snappier when I don't need to carry so much stuff. ;-) And I guess if I don't like it, I can return it to Sears! That's always good.

We'll see if I change my mind again before I actually order anything. Hubby says I have to wait until the next credit card cycle, and I told him if I did that, I'd change my mind 10 more times. ;-)

newmomto1
10-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh my gosh..you sound just like me!
Before my baby was born I was SURE I wanted a backpack...& I started out with 2 of them! I actually did like them & still use them sometimes...but I have come to like the shoulder bag style SO MUCH MORE for daily use!
BTW...the LT can easily be worn as a messenger bag.
When my baby was born I carried SO MUCH STUFF with me all the time you'd think I was travelling cross country! I was just so worried I would need something & not have it!
It is only in the last month & a half or so that I have managed to scale down realizing that I RARELY used the majority of the stuff in my bag. But, like I said...I do have a fully stocked bag with extras in my car as my security blanket. So far...I have not needed to dip into it! :-)

kseltmann
10-21-2004, 10:49 PM
I have a LE DIA that I keep very well packed, but I leave it in the car. I use a Skip Hop as my everywhere bag with one diaper and some wipes, and the stuff we need for that trip and my Coach wristlet (which is my purse these days). If anything major happens, I take DD to the car. I love the DIA for this reason. It is reasonably priced and very organized, but if stroller wheels hit it while it's in the car, I am not going to freak out.
I am a big believer in packing light and leaving the bulk in the car. It also frees up the stroller basket so you still have plenty of room for shopping.
HTH,

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030924/3/4/3/-5/.png[/img][/url]