PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone compare the LE backpack, Eddie Bauer backpack and the Short Haul?

hudsonam
10-25-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm not sure how they compare as far as capacity and functionality. Anyone have experience with two or three of these? Pictures of them would be wonderful too. :)

(The Eddie Bauer I'm talking about is this one - http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=20492&nv=5|21474|209&lview=&cm_cg=&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=v1i001).

Also, would you say the Short Haul is really worth the price over the other two?

TIA!

(I was considering the LE DIA, but decided it looks too bulky as a shoulder bag. I started to consider a Vera Bradley Baby Bag, and still like them, but I think I want to start out with something not so style-specific, if that makes sense. I like Skip Hops, but think it'd be too small for me to begin with).

ETA: I forgot to mention, I hit the mall yesterday, trying to find some of these bags to see in person, and the only one I found was the Vera Bradley, and I really liked how soft and comfy it felt. But the Skip Hop was not at Nordstrom, as the site said, and none of the other department stores carried any. As soon as they'd tell me to check the baby dept, I knew they didn't know what they were talking about. I swear I used to see diaper bags all the time years ago. Maybe that was just NJ.

newmomto1
10-25-2004, 01:20 AM
I have the EB backpack...I posted pics a couple days ago that weren't very good (sorry). I can try to pack the bag up & take some more pics for you if you'd like.
I have last years LE backpack which I really like. But, I think what you're talking about is the LE backpack that is *currently* on their website...right??
I can tell you that I DID order the current LE backpack...as well as the EB backpack, AND the old style LE backpack when I was pregnant...so, I was able to compare them all side by side.
The current LE backpack is *HUGE* compared to the EB. It is also heavy even when it is empty.
I like big bags and packed MORE STUFF THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE up until recently when I forced myself to scale down to a Skip Hop with a bag of extras in the car.
Even for me..the LE backpack was too big..I returned it. I think it would be good for travel, but I would NOT recommend it for your daily bag. I personally did not even care for the organization of it from what I remember.
I have never seen the Short Haul, so I cannot comment on that one.
One nice thing to keep in mind...you can order LE bags & return them to Sears..& Eddie Bauer is awesome about returns too (online orders can be returned at their stores).
I hope this helps. Let me know if you need additional pics or have any questions re the EB backpack :-)

hudsonam
10-25-2004, 10:04 AM
Thank you so much! That does help. I'm figuring I'll be overpacking, but if you say the LE was still too huge, you're probably right. If you're really bored, you can take some pictures of the EB with stuff in it, but please don't feel obligated. You were very kind to post so many pictures of it before. :)

hudsonam
10-25-2004, 10:28 AM
I'll take reviews on the Kelti backpack too, if anyone has one.

nan
10-25-2004, 10:30 AM
I had to call a couple of Nordstroms to find one that had more than one (if that makes sense ... the one close to my work only had light pink).
But they're definitely supposed to have them-- both stores I called they went and checked and made sure they had them. And/or you can always have them ship one in from another store for you.

hudsonam
10-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Thanks! I decided the Skip Hop isn't quite for me right now anyway.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-25-2004, 12:05 PM
I used the Kelty backpack and loved it. It's not too big, but big enough to hold everything. There are pockets on the outside for sippy cups or toys. The top opens with two zippers so you can really see inside the bag. It's really light when empty.

You can carry it with the handles, the shoulder strap, or the backpack straps. This is what really sold me on this bag because most of the time I did not carry it as a backpack, but when I needed hands free, I could carry it that way.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif