PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag Dilemma

jayali
10-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Ladies, I was wondering if any of you experts could give me (a novice) some advice.

I currently have two Kate Spade diaper bags and the Peg Perego stroller bag. I must say I am disappointed with my Kate Spade bags because they don't close on top and my medium bag seems too small and my large one too big for every day use. I leave the stroller bag in the back of my car and really only use it when I need to replenish my diaper bags.

I am now thinking of buying the Fleurville Mothership - although I haven't seen it in up close and personal - as my main diaper bag. Also, am considering buying the Alpha 7 as a second bag, but was wondering if anyone is using the Louis Vuitton tote as a diaper bag. I was also considering that for quick trips and could use it as my main purse when not toting DS along. Anybody doing that?

Also, I just bought an Isabelle Fiore diaper bag but am thinking of returning it, because I don't love the styling - basic black boring. Was curious if anyone had one that could convince me to keep it.

I am in such a quandry and don't want to make the same expensive Kate Spade mistake again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

soexcited
10-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi Jeannine,

What are the main attributes you are looking for in your new diaper bag? Hands free? Lots of storage? Cool fabrics? I'd love to offer some suggestions because I have been comparing bags for months.

-Lisa

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
10-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Another to consider is the Timi & Leslie Large Bebe. It is somewhat similar to the Mothership, but more of a medium bag (depending on your needs). Very cute designs, too! Many are very happy with their A 7's. They are undergoing a redesign, though with the new design coming out around Jan. 2005 (from what I hear!) I can't help much with the other bags, but I'm sure that some others will have some feedback.
HTH

jayali
10-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Lisa,

Have been away at a friends, which really proved to me that I definitely need new diaper bags.

I think my criteria are simple, I want to carry everything and keep it organized!!! Since I am a first time mommy I tend to overpack. I guess my main concern is organization and having room for my stuff also. My Kate Spades don't have enough pockets. I also want to make sure they close. Stuff is ALWAYS falling out of my current bags. I want shoulder bags and am not really a frou frou type, so WW and Kecci are a little too much for me.

I am thinking that I need at least two new bags. One which is like my "pocketbook" with Matty's stuff in it and one that I can use for longer excursions that I can hang off of my stroller.

I am also thinking I need the LE Tote because we do lots of overnights and weekends at Grandparents and Aunts.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. DH just got back from a convention in Atlantic City and lucky for me he won and gave me money to buy myself something, which of course he knows will be new diaper bags!!

Can't wait to shop.

Thanks,

Chelsey333
10-29-2004, 09:48 AM
I would check out something with a lot of interior pockets. I feel most organized with my Skip Hop, Alpha 7, or the Mothership. Sometimes I have to dig a bit in the Mothership bec it is so much bigger - but it is a must have for me for visiting family. It holds so much and has great organization. Perfect bag for overnight visits. The A7 and skip hop are better for short trips.

soexcited
10-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi Jeannine,

I might actually HAVE what you are looking for. I recently purchased a Posh Baby diaper bag. I spent a long time comparing differnt brands and decided on this one because:

- It converts between a messenger and a backpack
- The fabric is coated to be water and stain proof, but the coating isn't the thick, shiny plastic like on the Fleurvilles.
- It has two bottle pockets on the outside and two on the inside. In addition, there are four additional pockets on the inside to hold all the other baby necessities.
- The back of the bag had a slim pocket that can hold papers and file folders.
- Four metal feet on the bottom so it doesn't get messed up when you put it on the ground.
- There are two smaller pockets under the flap for my stuff.
- The flap is really secure
- Key Clip

Even though I love it, I have to sell it! The day I had it delivered my husband was shocked because he got me a diaper bag as well. I didn't know this because it's on backorder. The one he got me has pretty much the same features except that it's not stainproof at all. However, I would really like to keep the bag he got me since it was a gift. If you would like to see pictures or talk, email me at

lisamplaskow @ hotmail.com (no spaces)

Hope that helps,
Lisa

PS - I really like the idea of a small bag inside for your stuff if you have a large bag, just make sure it's a different color than the bag's interior.

jayali
10-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Hi Lisa,

I actually went ahead and made the Mothership purchase. I decided to go for it, before I read your post. Sorry.

Your diaper bag sounds awesome, and so does your husband. How sweet of him to surprise you! Sounds like you shouldn't have any trouble selling the bag.

Good luck and thanks.