PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Backpack Chester or Alpha 7?

aagirls
10-26-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm looking to purchase a diaper bag for 2 toddlers and a 7 mos old. I was wondering for those of you who have a backpack, which do you prefer the fleurville alpha 7, the chester?

reseam
10-27-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't have a Chester, but I do have the Blue Chocolate Alpha 7 and I like how it wears as a backpack. The straps are comfortable and adjustable, it's pretty lightweight even when packed and even though it does sag a little, it's not a problem for me. I can even sling it over one arm and it still works well. I also really like that it easily converts from messenger to backpack and back again and even though the backpack straps aren't completely removable they tuck away nicely and you still can put things in the back compartment.

Good luck with your decision and I hope I've helped some!

Reseam
Mommy to Kayla Elizabeth (9/23/00)
Joshua Alan (11/11/02)
TTC # 3

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
I have to say that strictly as a backpack, I prefer the Chester. I did own an Alpha 7 briefly, but sold it. I find that the Chester conforms to the back really well and is super (I mean very, very) light-weight. I didn't really appreciate my Chester until I put all of my stuff in and actually wore it on my back. If you don't want alot of extra bulk, the Chester is great. I will say that the organization is not as good as the A7. It really doesn't bother me, though. I found the A7 a bit too floppy and didn't like how it looked filled. The Chester can hold much more that it appears. I also would suggest lookingat Chester's sale page if there is a pattern that you like (great savings)- or check the swap. I hope this helps and didn't confuse you more!

tinainsala
12-13-2006, 03:31 PM
As a backpack, I also prefer the Chester. The Chester is definitely one of the most comfortable backpacks I've ever worn.

I also had an A7 briefly and I didn't care for the way it looked while worn - it didn't hang right and seemed almost sloppy/ unstructured looking. As the previous post mentioned, the A7 pocket organization is better. I used cosmetic and other smaller bags in the Chester to keep me organized.

I also preferred the zipper closure on the Chester rather than the velcro on the A7. However, the A7 converts to a messenger and it's all a matter of personal preference. You really can't go wrong with either bag.

Keagans Mom
12-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I also have used both bags. I loved the look of the A7 as a messenger, but didn't find it ery comfortable as a backpack. It did slouch a bit too. I did end up selling it. I love my Chester diaper backpack!!! It is super light weight and fits nicely, oh and it's cute too! I leave this bag in my car packed with 6 diapers, wipes, burpie, bib, changing pad, extra clothes for the baby, and a make-up type bag with the small things. I wish Chester was still making thses bags. I ordered mine though babiesadvantage.com this last summer. I think they still have some. Good price too $59.99.