PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lands End Tote Diaper Bag owners!

GreekGddss
10-27-2004, 02:17 PM
Is this better than a "traditional" diaper bag? I like the look of it, but I received an Eddie Bauer bag (from BRU) and the Combi one (from BBB) at my shower and I'm trying to decide if I should return those and get the LE tote... Also, I received the smaller Eddie Bauer one, which I will keep for short errands, like going to a neighbor's or running to the supermarket. But for a "daytrip" bag, or if we are going to the in-laws' or something, I think I should have something bigger. I feel like the Combi one looks too much like a video camera carrying case and the large eddie bauer one may be too big for day to day use...

What do you guys think of the LE tote? Large? Medium? Help! I'm so overwhelmed as D-Day approaches!

--K

***Expecting baby BOY in December***

pittsburghgirl
10-27-2004, 07:25 PM
The LE large is probably comparable in size (although different shape) to your Eddie Bauer large. (LE lists dimensions on their site if you want to compare). I haven't seen the medium IRL, that might work better. The only thing to consider is the straps, it has shoulder straps only so you have to carry it like a purse. Depending on how full you fill it it can be tough to fit in a stroller basket or hang from handles, again depending on what kind of stroller you have.

I have found for my lifestyle, I use my LE LT all the time and only use my bigger bags for trips to grandma's for babysitting, or when we travel. The LT hangs nicely from my stroller handles and holds enough to get through Gymboree, the mall, etc. (On a longer outing I sometimes pack a larger bag and leave in the car for emergencies.) My DS has never been much of a spitter and has never even p--ped away from the house so I don't need to take much!

Congrats and good luck in December.

Marilee
mommy to James 9 months!

ckleist
10-27-2004, 09:34 PM
I've got the large tote and it is a big bag. My main complaint is that the straps really aren't quite long enough to wear the tote on your shoulder. This would be a good day trip bag (like to the inlaws, where you wouldn't have to carry it around). If I were to use it as a day trip bag that required carrying it around for a significant portion of the day, I would find it annoying because it is a very big bag and w/ the short straps, I would only have a free hand. I think the bag is probably too big to fit in stroller baskets, it may work if you hung it from the handle bars by one of those tote clip on things.

I stumbled across these totes (someone on babybags posted that they had one and loved it as a diaper bag):

http://www.ellingtonleather.com/product_detail.lasso?-token.product_section=Lightweight%20Travel&-token.modelline=The%20Traveling%20Woman&-token.skip=1

http://www.ellingtonleather.com/product_detail.lasso?-token.product_section=Lightweight%20Travel&-token.modelline=The%20Traveling%20Woman&-token.skip=4

GreekGddss
10-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Thank you both for your reply. Yes, the shoulder straps may be an issue. Good point.

Those other totes are really cute! Thanks for passing that on!

Thanks again!

***Expecting baby BOY in December***