PDA

View Full Version : what color skip hop to get???

baby
10-27-2004, 04:53 PM
I won't be able to see it in person. I like the pink. Does anyone have or seen the pink? is it nice? I also am considering black or navy. what do u all think? Another question I have about this diaper bag is will i be able to put it on my stroller if my stroller does not have umbrella handles? I am also looking into getting a land's end back pack instead or in addition. anyone have experience with these? thanks all!!!!!

shamrock
10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Yes, you can use the Skip Hop w/o umbrella handles. I have a Peg Aria and use my Skip Hop easily. I got it in ice blue and love the color.

Don't get the LE backpack instead of the Skip Hop. I got the LE backpack as "the" diaper bag before ds was born. It is good for long, overnight trips or leaving in the car for backups. I did not like it for everyday use. It is awkward to always have on because it is bulky (to me at least.) The organization on the inside is not great. It has 2 mesh pockets up on top and 1 large mesh pocket on the bottom of the main inside pocket. Everything just gets lost.
That said, it was a good bag to take when we drove 3 hours to spend the weekend in St. Louis. It is also a good bag for DH to use when he's out w/ DS.

newmomto1
10-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Hey!
I'm in St. Louis!!!!!!...
Hmmmm, 3 hours away? What city are you in??
Sorry, I just got excited because it seems like most of the posters are either on the east or west coast, I always feel left out being in the midwest :-)

priscilla73
10-28-2004, 11:20 AM
I had the red and sold it to get the black and have regretted it ever since. The whole "black hole effect" doesn't bother me most of the time. But a black Skip Hop is very hard to see into. If there are other colors, I'd consider those.

What ever the outside color, that is the the color that the interior will be.

baby
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
would i have the same issue with the black as the navy? anyone see the navy?

bubbaray
10-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Go with your gut. The first color you mention in your post is the pink, so I would get that! BTW, they make 2 pinks -- one bright, one pastel. The are both nice. I have the red and love it. It works on both type of stroller handlesbars.

The LE Backpack is VERY heavy and HUGE. I had one and returned it for those reasons (though it was very well made). I may order one again for airline travel, but not for daily use.

My Skip Hop is my favorite diaper bag (out of a stable of 12, so that's a big compliment!).

Happy shopping.

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

kelly ann
10-28-2004, 12:04 PM
I have the charcoal and I wish I bought a more fun color - like the red - since I use the bag 90% of the time over other diaper bags. I would go for the pink over the black or navy, unless you want your DH to also carry the bag. A lot of men may balk at carrying a pink diaper bag!

newmomto1
10-28-2004, 12:12 PM
You could always order a couple of colors & return what you don't want. Just a thought :-)
I am pretty sure if you order from Target.com you can return it to their store.
I like my black Skip Hop, it goes with everything...but sometimes wish I had a more exciting color.
HTH

annasmom
10-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi, I have the pink corduroy and I love it. I just wanted to let you know though that the interior is black. I don't know if it is different for the canvas Skip Hops, but mine is pink corduroy until maybe 1/3 of the way down the inside, and then it is black. Just thought you might be interested because a PP had said that the interior of Skip Hops was the same color as the exterior.

baby
10-28-2004, 04:28 PM
I dont want to get the corduroy because its too expensive. what does the canvas one look like i cant see pictures online. is it dark or lite? anyone see it? now im nervous my husband wont be happy with the pink!!!

tarahsolazy
10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
I just got a blue camo skip hop, and its adorable! Its my new favorite thing. I am not a dipe bag person, and we got an Eagle Creek diaper backpack before DS was born. Its the size of the LE one, and its just too darned bulky for routine use. Great for trips,though. I haven't seen the pink IRL, but I think it would be fabulous.

sarasmom
10-29-2004, 09:27 AM
I have the light pink and I think it is great. It does get dirty sometimes, but it washes really well in the washer so that is not a problem. No black hole effect. My favorite bag.
SARA'S MOM

Mikesa3
10-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Pictures of the Bubblegum pink were posted recently and it is beautiful.:-)
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids