PDA

View Full Version : So Bummed (re. Loom Bandicoot).....

audball
10-27-2004, 06:48 PM
DH surprised me with a black/moss Bandicoot (hmm...could it have been the numerous pics I have saved as shortcuts on my desktop :)?)..and I so wanted to love it...but alas, it's too small for my needs. I know that many of you love yours and I really tried to minimize what I needed to put in it. Here's what I tried to squeeze in:
-3, size 4 diapers
-the changing mat
-Benedryl and epinephrine pin
-2 tiny stuffed toys
-2 thin BabyBug books
-Snack-trap cup for DD
-small snack cup for DS
-small plastic spoon and knife
-small bib
-wallet, cell phone, keys, palm pilot
-small package of wipes
-jar of baby food

-Then put a sippy and a 4-oz Avent bottle on either side pocket. This tightened up the interior space even more...

Yipes! It worked, but it was such a tight fit, it would have been hard to get things out without taking some stuff out first. Not an option with a 2-year old and a nine-month old :)!

I've enclosed some pics of it on in backpack, shoulder, and messenger style. The backpack length was the shortest - I'm 5'2" and thought it worked well for me, but that would depend on how you like wearing backpacks. I had no problems putting it on messenger style - the strap was at the second shortest setting. But the bag was not full.

So it's been packed and it's ready to go back. Such a shame - beautiful design, well-constructed; if only I didn't carry so much darned stuff...!

To answer some other questions (including my own) re. this bag:
1. The material comprising the zipper is white. The teeth are clear and the zipper pull is nickel. HTH everyone!
2. The straps are sturdy, but thinner than what you may expect (in width). Strong material though and looks like it's well constructed
3. Upon closer inspection, the joey clutch did look as if the bottom maybe glued on. It was smaller than I thought, but very cute!
4. I completely felt self-conscious of the joey being on the outside, out of my field of vision. I don't think I would have felt comfortable having it on in public. Also, I could feel it "flap" as I walked. Probably a minor thing, but it bothered me a little all the same.

aguinn
10-27-2004, 08:34 PM
thanks for the review - so sorry it didn't work out for you!

your self-pics are funny, tho!

;)amy
proud momma to DS

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030729/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Weaned @ 13 months

audball
10-27-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah...like the pics of our spotted mirror? Whoops! Guess you can tell where house-cleaning is on my list of things to do....;)

jayhjay
10-28-2004, 08:58 PM
I love that you took pictures in the mirror. What a great idea! THat cracked me up! LOL

firsttimemommy
10-29-2004, 09:44 AM
"4. I completely felt self-conscious of the joey being on the outside, out of my field of vision. I don't think I would have felt comfortable having it on in public. Also, I could feel it "flap" as I walked. Probably a minor thing, but it bothered me a little all the same"

Me too!!!! All the reasons you are disappointed in the Bandicoot are the EXACT same ones I had!!!! Too small (which is deceiving - the bag LOOKS bigger from the outside), flapping Joey bugged me, etc.!!!

It's too bad I agree b/c the look/concept is neat!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh