PDA

View Full Version : Bandicoot owners/purse on the outside Help!

heidi_timms
11-02-2004, 09:20 PM
I really love the Bandicoot, but someone mentioned on the babybags group about the mugging factor because the purse is on the outside. I am wondering if Bandicoot owners worry about this? It's not like I live in New York or anything, but I don't really want to make myself a target either. Any thoughts? It's so darn cute otherwise!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

audball
11-02-2004, 11:50 PM
My husband was concerned about this, since I'm primarily the one out and about with the kids during the day. When I finally did receive the bag, the purse was a pretty obvious "target", since the colors (although lovely!)contrast so much with the backpack itself.

But the joey clutch is snapped on...I think the bigger issue would be if you were in a crowd and someone may be able to work the zipper without your knowledge. There is no cover flap for the top of the zipper on the joey.

To be honest, my bigger issue was that the joey clutch "flapped" against me when I walked. For some reason, that really got to me! I think that if the bottom snapped onto the backpack, it would have helped, but of course, it wouldn't look as cute! :)

I wrote about this in my post entitled "so bummed"...I have pics wearing the bag too. I sent the Bandicoot back with a heavy heart (sigh)...

heidi_timms
11-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Bump, anyone else?
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

sadie2
11-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I just got my bandicoot a few weeks ago, and I have to say, i think its a perfect bag, except for one thing (not the theft factor). I think the straps in the backpack mode are uncomfortable, and they pinch into your armpits. I hate to say it, because i really think otherwise its a great bag. if you adjust the bag a bit in your shoulders, it can feel better, which is why i havent returned it. also, sometimes i use it with the shoulder strap instead.

as for the clutch, i have found that i have enough room for my wallet and cell phone without it. i brng the clutch along, and take it into thge store, but rarely walk around with it attached, unless i am travelling, and in that case, its being used with the shoulder strap anyway. i think, if its on your back, it could be (like any backpack) an easy target.

having said all of that, i think its a great bag, and use it when i am on my own with my daughter.

Jeanmick
11-04-2004, 01:04 AM
I have this bag and what I've done is to put my valuables, such as my small wallet, keys and Palm Pilot into the big bag and put my cosmetic items and other smaller miscellaneous items into the Joey Clutch. When I need to use just the clutch when we're out and about, I transfer the items. It doesn't take long and I don't really worry/think about being a target too much, but that's me.