Okay...

to those of you who have these bags:

What are the pros & cons of each bag??

Is the Loom a lot bigger than the A7?

Which one do you like better?

TIA :-)

priscilla73
11-03-2004, 01:52 AM
If you do a search, Mariana posted pics of her A7 next to the Marsupial. I bought the Marsupial but sold it because I didn't like it more than my A7. The color of mine was a big factor in my decision to sell it. I got the Robin's Egg Blue and it was nothing like the pictures.

If you like a more tailored, structured bag, then the Marsupial is your best bet, imo. Although the A7 is floppy, I find it comfortable to wear on my shoulder and messenger style. The Marsupial was a little boxy, imo. The A7 will pack a little bit more than the Marsupial.

lilarkk
11-03-2004, 11:21 AM
I had both the Marsupial and the A7, however I sold the A7. It was too floppy for me. The organization on both is comparable, but I like the way the Marsupial held up. Now, the A7 is lighter when packed than the Marsupial and I like that you could wipe down the exterior of the A7. The Marsupial is a little harder to get spills off of, but I'm sticking with it regardless. Plus, I like the moss green color, it seems to go with more of my outfits, whereas the blue chocolate didn't as much. JMO though.

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
11-03-2004, 02:13 PM
I have owned both, and here are my personal opinions:

What are the pros & cons of each bag??
Loom:
Pros: Best organization I've found
excellent craftsmanship - looks like you are getting what you paid for
love the outside bottle/sippy pockets
very durable
very comfy shoulder pad - stays on the shoulder well

Cons:
looks more like a diaper bag than others
harder to "stuff" if you like extra room
most comfy as a shoulder bag (harder to wear messenger)

A7:
Pros: very cute style
convertible from messenger/backpack
decent organization

Cons:
floppy (this bugged me the most)
outside pockets pretty useless- esp. the side ones
not too comfy in backpack position

Is the Loom a lot bigger than the A7?
No, just different. The Loom is more solid and boxy. I found I could fit just about the same amount of gear in each.

Which one do you like better?
Marsupial! I'm sure that's evident by now! I have tried A7, Mothership, T & L Large Bebe, Chester Backpack, WW tote and the Marsupial always comes out on top. There are many things I like about these other bags and I love having a variety to choose from (of the ones I still have!) But, all around my hands-down favorite is my Marsupial!