PDA

View Full Version : trying to choose a tote-style bag. please help!

sdbc
11-08-2004, 08:21 AM
I've been carrying the same difficult-to-access diaper bag for the last 6 mos and am looking forward to getting something better! I like the pocket features in the Wisper Wears and the I'mStillMe. Do you guys have a pref for one or the other, or a cheaper, but just as good alternative?

Also, for the ISM, which size do you like? Is the large too small? Is the XL too big? For WW, is her site gone? I would have an opportunity to get one off swap if it is.

Thanks so much!

Sue

saschalicks
11-08-2004, 01:27 PM
FYI Whimsical Wears is not taking orders for customized bags as far as I know. Please confirm with her before placing your order.

sdbc
11-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Candice,

Her website is down, so I figured something was wrong. I could get one of her bags on the yahoo diaper bag swap page, so I'm still considering it.

Thanks!

Sue

ktdid74
11-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Sue- The ISM bags are beautiful and she just changed to elasticized pockets which should work great! I had a large tote and it was the perfect size for me- I'm not a huge packer. I think the XL would have been too big. The fall/winter fabrics are gorgeous, too.

tina-t
11-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I really like my whimsical wears tote. Her workmanship is awesome. I believe that she will be limiting her custom orders to a few per month though. I think she is still trying to finish the orders from the last coop.

There are a few Whimsical wears tote for sale at the baby bags yahoo group though. Did you see the listings? Just click on the database (on the left hand side) and it is under diaper bags for sale. I have 2 WW totes and I am selling one of them. I misjudged the size, and it is too big for me.

josiebruin
11-09-2004, 03:54 PM
See the responses to my question above re "Custom Bags" (topic #16199) for recommendations for bags that are similar to ISM/WW. Let me know if/what you decide to do - I am still pondering! HTH

~Kelly
Zach 8/04

sdbc
11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Kelly--I just emailed Janie who makes the clutterbags to ask if she can make it larger. She said she can. I emailed back with the dimensions I wanted (about the same as the i'm still me bag), and I also asked if she could elasticize any of the interior pockets. I told her I wanted to spend about $30--that's about what her bags go for on ebay. I'm still waiting to hear back from her both about the price and about elasticizing pockets. I'll let you know what she says.

Sue

sdbc
11-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Christina,

I did see. Thanks. I'm not sure the puple color will go with enough of my things, though.

Sue