PDA

View Full Version : Bandicoot falling apart

tobycat
11-10-2004, 09:08 AM
I have been using my Bandicoot for less than a month. In this brief time the messenger strap is fraying and coming off the bag. The stitching on the backpack straps is coming undone. The rubber padding on the messenger strap is ripping. I am going to email Loom today and hope to get my money back. I purchased the bag through the Yahhoo Baby Bags coop so I don't know which retailer it came from.

Anyone else have problems with their Bandicoot and what did you do about it?

Thanks,
Candice

audball
11-10-2004, 09:19 AM
I know that there was another Bandicoot owner on this board who reported some issues (although not as extensive, it sounds!) and she got very good customer service from Loom. I'm not sure if she bought from them direct. I would contact both Loom and the "mystery retailer" of the coop to see if something could be done. I know that the Baby Bag Board asks that this be done discreetly (email the Loom retailer privately), since "venting" first, without giving an opportunity for the retailer to help is somewhat unfair.

That being said, I would be so bummed :( ....Good luck and please let us know how things turn out....

getbusyliving
11-29-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm on my 2nd Bandicoot. With bag #1 - strap started to fray, Kidsnstyle was fantastic and immediately sent me a new bag.

Now #2 is doing it and doesn't look like the strap will hang on much longer. Loom offered to sew it back on, but I'm not sure I want this bag anymore.

robmab719
11-30-2004, 10:01 AM
I had the same problem with the messenger strap fraying and coming apart from the bag. I emailed Loom and received a reply from Joanna, the owner, offering to replace my bag. She provided me with a Fedex number to use to ship it back to her and they shipped my replacement bag out the following week. I have not been using my Bandicoot as much since I got the new one (it lost its spot in my rotation!), but the times I have used it, I haven't noticed any further problems with it.

Also, I purchased my bag from Kids N Style, but Joanna never asked me for a receipt or any proof of purchase.

Maybe there was just a bad production batch that our bags came out of because I know there are lots of ladies who haven't had any problems with their Bandicoots.