PDA

View Full Version : To Kecci or to SkipHop, that is the question...m

MamaKath
11-13-2004, 01:11 AM
I am thinking of getting one of these two bags. I like that the SkipHop hangs so nicely from the stroller. This is not a deal breaker though as I have rigged "universal" clips to attach a bag to the stroller. The Kecci would attach just as easily for me. Which is a better bag? I am wondering if I can pull off the dressier look of the Kecci. Also what color to get? I love so many, but am especially drawn to the ones with orange or the lavendar piping on them. The SkipHop I am completely drawn to the blue camo! Any help you can provide? Deciding factors I have not thought of yet?

Thanks~

lstef plus2
11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Katy,

I am going through this also. I already have a beige kecci that I bought during the summer. Now I was thinking of getting the navy or magenta to use now.

I am a casual person who is usually in jeans or sweats during the week. The kecci is a bigger bag and seems to have that more dressier look to it. I am now looking at buying another skip hop--I really am liking the denim skip hop.

I will debate all week-end, but I think that the skip hop may work better for me.

ShayleighCarsensMom
11-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Get both!
Seriously though, I have both, the red kecci and a skip hop. I like the kecci, but I hardly ever wear it, it just stays attatched to my p3. It is a big bag. I could use it for all day outings. As far as the skip hop, I love the organization for an every day bag.
Sorry, I couldnt tell you which one to go with, as they are both great!

leeming
11-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I have both - a red kecci and a black skip hop. For what it's worth, I rarely use the skip hop, and when I do, it's a stroller-only bag (so I'll use it when I go shopping, because it frees up the basket and I don't have to carry it). The kecci is larger, and right now, that's the deciding factor - I guess I'm just an overpacker, because I find the skip hop isn't big enough for me usually! I have a 5 month old, and I always try to bring an extra change of clothes, a couple of burp cloths and bibs (which we always use!), and a light blanket, along with diapers and wipes. I do cloth diaper, but even when I'm toting disposables the Kecci is a better size for me.

For me, it also depends on which stroller I'm using - the bugaboo has a single handlebar, so the skip hop is the only one that attaches to it. For my other stroller, both bags hang off the handles just fine (and in that case, I prefer just the regular strap for the skip hop)

Sorry so longwinded.

MamaKath
11-15-2004, 12:26 AM
(Sorry if this double posts, I just posted and it never showed up :-()
Dromroll please ;-)

The Kecci. It has a zippered top which is the deal breaker with the skiphop I think for me. We'll see if now I can decide on a colour(s) to get.

umama
11-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Just an FYI, since you mentioned the lavendar piping. I received the Aqua, which (on my screen, anyway) appears to be turquoise with lavendar piping. But the piping is actually pink. It's still pretty, but I did want to let you know so you won't be disappointed.

(It is not the bag I ordered and I'm ticked at them right now, but that's an issue for another post)