PDA

View Full Version : Can we please clear up all the Kecci confusion?

R2sweetboys
11-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Is it possible to start a whole new Kecci Coop thread with all updated information? There's just too much info buried in the threads. For example, the first post for the COOP still says somewhere that the cost is $37 with free shipping. I know that info has been updated further down, but it's possible that some people won't see it.
I don't mind pulling all the info together if you want and then posting. There is still some confusion that needs to be cleared up before I post it though.
Can we find out somehow from the person organizing the coop(PLEASE forgive me for not knowing your name,I'm somewhat new and couldn't find it in your posts:( )
if the 6000 bags that are now in stock are going to be included? So far today(11/17), the 6000 bags that show up as in-stock are:

AZALEA
STEEL BLUE
GARNET
TEAL

Tracy was very vague about shipping on the 6000 bags IF they are available. I don't understand why it wouldn't be the same as the 4000 and 5000 bags but there may be a reason for it, who knows.
So far, to be honest, I haven't been very impressed with what I've read about the CS with the Kecci coops.(I do not mean the person here at BBB who is kind enough to organize this:))
This is what I don't like: the fact that people were supposedly charged shipping on their credit cards in the first coop when it was clearly stated that shipping was FREE(is this true?), that those who ordered the backordered bags are being charged shipping when these transactions are considered part of the first coop with an agreement of free shipping, the vagueness about the 6000 bags("I CAN'T PROMISE THIS AGREEMENT WILL APPLY TO THE 6000 BAGS WHEN WE DO GET THEM IN"-so how do we all know at this point what the deal is with the in stock 6000 bags?)

Here are the questions that I have before I can order, feel free to post any others. Maybe we can pull them all together and send one email to Tracy and then post here.:

1) Are the 6000 bags in stock now included in the coop? Same price($37)?

2) How much is shipping for the 6000 bags? How much for more than one,etc?

3) Will 6000 bags be shipped in the same time-frame as the 4000-5000 bags?

ETA 4) What fax number do we fax our orders to? At least three have been used by various members. Which one goes directly to Tracy's office for security purposes?

Again, feel free to add more. I will gladly email Tracy with our ?s or if "Supercalifragilous" wants to do this because you have been the liason, that's fine. Just let me know. Sorry to add another Kecci thread, but I do think it's necessary at this point to start an updated COOP thread to avoid unecessary confusion.

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

AdoptChina
11-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks for posting this Leslie. Id just like to know the answers to your questions, so I can figure out what to order (want a 6000 but dont want to pay high shipping etc)

Susan

bubbaray
11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Could we find out the correct way to send in our credit card #'s? NONE of us should be sending CC#'s via email as it isn't secure.... Kecci's look like great diaper bags, but definitely NOT a reason to be a victim of identity theft.... :(

There have been at least 3 different fax numbers posted on the other thread. Plus, I'm not too keen on faxing my CC# to a fax machine that is located ????? -- KWIM?

I don't think its unreasonable to ask for a fax number in the same office where Tracy is located, so she can make sure our CC #'s are secure....

Melissa
Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/11089.birthday.png

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
11-16-2004, 03:30 PM
I can only clear up two things that I found out:

Azalea, garnet, and steel blue are available for the co-op price

Teal is NOT

shipping for 2 or more of these bags are free

Still need to find out: shipping for just one bag

I think sending one e-mail with all of our questions is a great idea as well as starting a new thread!

supercalifragilous
11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
I don't feel like you're stepping on my toes at all if you want to e-mail Tracy yourself since she seems to be handling all the individual e-mails well. :7 I just want everyone to get a great deal on a great bag! Since you asked, I went ahead and e-mailed her. Here's a copy of the e-mail I just sent off to Tracy just now:
Hi Tracy,
There have been some valid questions posted on the boards lately and I wanted to consolidate them for you. Once and for all I thought I'd get these answered by you so I could post them: (Yes, I will triple-check them this time to make sure it posts!)

1. Can we get a definitive listing on which 6000 bags/colors are definitely included in the co-op?
2. Are the included 6000 bags also $37?
3. Is shipping for the 6000 bags the same for the 4000 & 5000 bags (until 12/15, 1 bag ships for $5, 2+ bags ship free)?
4. Is shipping time the same for 6000 series as it is for the 4000 & 5000 bags?
5. There have been three FAX #s posted for you (212-947-2793, 425-962-0447, 817-375-1517). Which number goes directly to you?
6. If someone does not feel comfortable e-mailing or faxing their credit card #, what is another option? Can they call you with it? Or is that too much to handle?
7. Do you accept PayPal?

She probably isn't going to get it until the morning (since it's already 6pm in NY) so I'll post her answers tomorrow if I get them. Everyone cross your fingers! :7

swan01
11-16-2004, 05:10 PM
I emailed Tracy a PO for 1 steel blue ($42 including $5 shipping) earlier today and got a response almost immediately that everything was fine. I also asked about the truffle and she said it would not be in stock until Feb. Don't know if this helps anyone.

Thanks!

supercalifragilous
11-16-2004, 05:30 PM
I just wanted to address the whole "additional shipping charge on the CC" issue -

I too was shocked when I read that e-mail from Reid that Tracy forwarded me. But I didn't notice anything more than $37 on my CC statement; I don't know if I slipped through the cracks or they forgot. And I'm sure I would've seen posts from other moms noticing their CC statements reflecting more than a $37 charge, so I don't believe this was actually the case.

Yes, in my dialog & correspondence with Tracy for the first co-op (as well as this time around again), I expressed that if we paid for shipping on top of $37 for the bag, it would be cheaper to go buy the bag at Nordstrom Rack and pay the sales tax and a co-op wouldn't be worth it. So she conferred with her boss who agreed to offer free shipping for the first co-op. This time around for the new bags, my understanding is that Kecci is having to pay extra shipping costs so they're having to pass that onto the customer. :( But Audrey went to bat took care of that for all of us!! :D

During the first co-op, they sold out of bags while people were still ordering and it became quite a mess with "whose order isn't fulfilled and needs to be refunded" so Tracy's hesitant to give the definitive go-ahead about bags she doesn't even have in stock yet and accept those orders. That's why she was insistent (at least with me) that the co-op not begin until the bags are definitely in-stock. If I look at it from her point of view, I think her intentions are good as she's really trying hard to ward off the problems/confusion that happened towards the end the first time around. All in all, I think Kecci is a great bag and it's a great deal compared to PPB (now THERE'S a company with bad CS). :7

Hope that explains things a little bit! :D I'm totally glad you expressed your concerns b/c I'm sure there are other people wondering the same thing! :)

supercalifragilous
11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
I LOVE that steel blue one! How come it was $42?

swan01
11-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Because I only ordered 1, shipping is $5 - at least that is my understanding of the agreement. Thanks!

peasprout
11-17-2004, 01:14 AM
Is it too late to ask her if the zipper issues have been fixed yet?
JP

cinrein
11-17-2004, 06:37 AM
I ordered a bag during the 1st coop and was only charged $37 for it. I'm positive there were no additional charges. Shipping was fast and I'm so happy with the bag that I'm getting another one.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

hudsonam
11-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Man, I am so bummed! I'm always a procrastinator, but the one time I'm not, I miss out on my favorite bag! =,( I wanted the Steel Blue, but she already processed my order. Bummer!

lisaCO
11-17-2004, 12:23 PM
While we're at this, I'll update my pics again. I am summarizing the availability of each bag--what I have been able to glean from all the previous posts. This information may change! I have also added back in pics of the 'old' red and chartreuse bags. HTH

There are two NEW Black bags now....
Expected to be available in December (around the 15th?):
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17103.jpg

Beige and Cornsilk available now, at co-op pricing.
NOTE: Cornsilk used to be named 'Silver'
Truffle not available until Februrary...same for Caramel, as well??
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17104.jpg

The reds and pinks--EXCEPT Fuschia--are available now, at co-op pricing.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17105.jpg

All of these bags are available now. EXCEPT for the Teal, all are at co-op pricing.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17106.jpg

Edited to correct the status of the Fuschia bag....

lisaCO
11-17-2004, 12:43 PM
From an old email I got from Tracy:
{I also emailed Tracy about the re-availability of some of the 'old' colors.
She said: "We will be getting in Red and Chartreuse by the end of Nov. But not more Mint Green. Going forward we will no longer reorder -- once goods are SOLD OUT -- THATS IT - they are sold out!" (emphasis mine) }

This has left me a bit confused about how this co-op is actually structured, so I have a few questions to add to the list. (Maybe someone here knows the answer to these, already…)

1) Is there a time limit on the co-op pricing on the bags themselves?
(My reading here leads me to think that the prices are good until they are all sold out of these colors.)
We understand that there is a time limit on the special shipping price.

2) If there is NOT a time limit on the co-op pricing, will the bags that are not available for shipping yet be included, once they become available?
The two new Blacks (5000 series)?
Caramel and Truffle (6000 series)?

3) Will there be MORE new colors?!? (Purely personal question—I’d like to know if I will be updating this post again any time soon! :o)

Thanks a million!

supercalifragilous
11-17-2004, 02:04 PM
OK, I updated that last e-mail I sent Tracy to add these questions as well. Hopefully she'll answer them in one long e-mail, question by question. I also added te question from the PP about whether the zipper issue had been resolved (I'm sure it just affected the previous "batch" of bags from the same control group).

Oh shoot, I just noticed your question about MORE new colors - I forgot to ask that one. I'll send it in a separate e-mail now. I'm sure tons of people are wondering.

supercalifragilous
11-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Lisa you are so awesome for doing this! I LOVE it! It's so nice to be able to see it here instead of having to go to the Kecci site to look at each color! Thank you for updating it!

Once Tracy replies to the e-mail and provides a consolidated list of what is available at what price, do you think you could add the pricing for each bag as well?

audys
11-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I have received my Red bag (4000 series) and compared the zipper to one at Best Start (a baby store nearby). The zipper on my co-op bag has a large tab and is wider (and sturdier looking) than the one in the store. I'm not sure how it will hold up, but it looks different than the older bag! Audrey

lisaCO
11-18-2004, 12:25 PM
probably later today!