PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the LE Little Tripper for a toddler diaper bag?

LucyG
11-17-2004, 12:53 PM
We have a knock-off Vera Bradley that I love for longer outings and the sitter's house, but I need a main diaper bag for errands and everyday use. I don't carry a purse myself, so I need to be able to fit my wallet, grocery list and keys into a bag, as well as the baby stuff. I want something cute and classy, but not really babyish. Do you moms of toddlers like the Little Tripper?

I tend to carry 3 diapers, a wipes case, a sippy cup, Snack Trap, small pad and baggie of crayons, board book, and Desitin. Oh, and usually a doll and a blanket for her! As we approach potty training, I'll be adding a change of clothes for DD. Will the LT hold most of that stuff?

Is there an interior pocket larger enough to hold a rectangular wipes case? And, is the bag tall enough that said wipes case can "stand up" inside the bag?

Are you glad you have the LT, and would you purchase it again to use with a toddler?

Thanks!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
20 months and counting!

Emmas Mom
11-17-2004, 03:01 PM
My DD is 15 months & I LOVE my LT. It will definitely fit all you listed, though I'm not sure how big the doll & blanket are. We ususally have a blanket but I keep it in the car. I don't *think* the large interior mesh pocket will hold one of the rectangular wipes cases, but it will fit inside the bag no problem. I carry three size 3 diapers & one of the travel pack wipe containers (the kind that come pre-packaged with about 12-16 wipes depending on where you get them), in my large mesh pocket. And I would definitely buy it again. HTH! :)

nan
11-17-2004, 04:28 PM
I have the LT and can stand a wipes case up in it, either in the rectangular interior pocket or in the center. However, I finally figured out(I realize that most people caught on to this far far earlier than I) that the changing pad has a small zippered vinyl-lined pocket in it which is absolutely perfect for tucking in a bunch of folded wipes. So you really don't need to schlep around the whole wipes case, freeing up a little more room for the other stuff. Since you're (hopefully) looking at a max of 2 diaper changes on a short trip, the wipes you fit in the pad should be plenty.

LucyG
11-17-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks to both of you! A couple of other questions now . . .

- What kind of material is the lining of the bag? Can it be easily cleaned if spilled on?

- What about the outside of the bag? Is it canvas like a backpack, or a shinier kind of material? Do you feel it's durable and holds up well to being tossed in and out of the car, grocery carts, the stroller, etc? I'm leaning toward the light blue (teal?) color.

Also, if anyone has a picture of themselves (or another person) carrying the LT, I would love to see it. I'd like to see how the bag looks while on someone's shoulder. The straps on my current bag tend to slide off my shoulder, and it drives my crazy. Does the LT strap do this?

20 months and counting!

nan
11-18-2004, 08:50 AM
It's a total "Lands End" kind of bag-- very durable, well thought out.
-The inside lining is light blue nylon, easily wipeable.
-The outside of the bag is ballistic nylon (I think) -- like a duffle bag. Not shiny in the least. There is a pic posted somewhere on this board if you do a search. If any of my other LE stuff is any indication, this thing will last through being run over by a car!
-I don't have a pic, but the strap is adjustable so you can make it as long or short as you want. I usually wear it "purse" style, but you could lengthen it to make it messenger style. The strap is pretty wide and made of webbing, so it doesn't really slip or slide.

LucyG
11-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Nan,

I'm noticing in pictures that the LT kind of has "wings" (for lack of a better word). By that, I mean that the sides go up a little where the strap begins, and it's more contoured than square. I think the older version was more squared, anyway. Do the "wings" both you? Do they make the bag bump against your body a lot, or do you find that they aren't a problem?

What color is your LT?

Thanks!

20 months and counting!

Emmas Mom
11-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Not Nan, but I'll jump in. ;) If I'm understanding your question correctly I think you're referring to the bottle pocket area...one on either side. Personally I've never found it to be a problem. I like the design of it very much. :)

LucyG
11-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Looking at the picture again, I think you're right! Can you fit a decent-sized adult water bottle in the bottle pockets?

20 months and counting!

Emmas Mom
11-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Yes :D

LucyG
11-18-2004, 12:45 PM
I think I'm sold on the Little Tripper, though I will try to see one at Sears before ordering. What colors do you all have? I like the teal. I'm a "blue" person, but not navy.

20 months and counting!