PDA

View Full Version : The old Kecci "broken zipper" issue -- what can I expect?

nc_hope
11-18-2004, 01:02 AM
I bought a red Kecci from a retailer about a month ago because I wasn't patient enough to wait for the co-op to resume and because I wanted it for a couple of trips we have since taken. It's worked out beautifully with the exception of a newly broken zipper. I know that's been a well-documented issue with these bags. So, I sent an email to them 2 days ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I guess if I don't hear from them tomorrow, I'll be calling them. Can anyone who has already been through this experience tell me what to expect from them? Will they pay the shipping to return it?

TIA!

peasprout
11-18-2004, 01:26 AM
I got a response right away that they would happily replace my entire bag if I sent it in. I emailed back and said that I heard from this board that some people were able to send in a picture of the zipper to save on shipping and I was hoping to as well. I told him when I bought it, from whom, etc. Reid (the boss I think) was very nice and said that they had a new rule that requires the product to be sent in, but since he made the rule, he could break it. He said the picture was sufficient and within a few weeks I got a brand new one! Needless to say, I was very satisfied with their customer service! I hope it goes as smoothly for you!

JP

nightbird1103
11-18-2004, 11:12 AM
What went wrong with the zipper?? I have a Kecci too, and I usually end up with it zipping for a bit, missing for a bit, then zipping again if YKWIM??

Let me know how it goes with them-- I may have to give them a call-- do you have the CS#--

Thanks!
Michele

supercalifragilous
11-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Peasprout - you got lucky! I said the same thing to Reid and he was a hard...um..liner about it. No explanation, just "send it in." I had to pay for return shipping for their defective bag. At first I was gritching about it but then again I did get a deal and even with the added $7 to ship it back it was still cheaper than a regular priced bag...

Our zipper broke when DD was in the hospital, of all times. The zipper "hiccup'd" and one track fell out so the zipper was just hanging onto one side.

I initially sent my request to Tracy, who forwarded it to Reid and the reply was really fast. Forgive me if this is too personal, but do you have a hotmail e-mail account? My BF has one nad they've been having severe delays since last Thursday. She STILL hasn't received e-mails I sent her then. If you use hotmail, you might want to try communicating another way.

Good luck!

nc_hope
11-19-2004, 12:40 AM
I ended up sending another email today (a less cordial one) stating that I had emailed them on Monday and still had received no response and was becoming a little upset that this was receiving no attention. I got an email back from Reid basically saying that they had misplaced my original email -- when he got my second one today he went searching for my first one and found it. He reiterated that their usual policy was that you had to send back the defective bag and then they would send you a new one. BUT, since my original attempt to contact them had fallen through the cracks they would not ask me to send my defective one back and just send me a new one. YAY!!!
I'm especially glad to hear this since I didn't buy my Kecci through the co-op but paid full price for it at a Right Start (I wasn't patient enough to wait for the red to be restocked!).

To answer the question about what's wrong with the zipper -- when you try to zip it, the "teeth" on the tracks just don't stay together. Basically no matter which way you pull the zipper, it just stays open. I emailed Kecci at their customer service address listed on their webpage. I think its service @ kecci.com.

newmominaugust
11-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah I sent my Kecci with broken zipper in last week. I can't wait to get my new one. I had a mint kecci and loved it but since they don't have those anymore I get a new color. I picked the new navy. Reid said that they have improved the hardware on the new bags. I hope so. After trying to fix my zipper several times, it finally got so bad that the whole "handle" part of the zipper came off. :(

Oh and my little Anthony is 1 yr younger than Andrew. :)

Zynnia
Anthony Joseph 8/14/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050814/3/15/0/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)