PDA

View Full Version : New LE Medium Tailored Tote

Emmas Mom
11-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I hope this hasn't already been posted (I tried a search but didn't find anything). I'm wondering if anyone has taken the plunge & bought this yet, cause DANG IT....it's cute! People really need to stop making so many cute diaper bags cause I'm going to go broke. :D

Any reviews out there? Pictures would be wonderful too.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,1467,1_2_52358_53390_116055_94502_5:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=ALT_53390&sid=0091109490377131540

bergbaby
11-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi! I've been lurking on this forum for a long time trying to get the perfect bag, and this is IT! I have the updated LT (great, just not pretty enough), the Skip Hop (same issue), and several others. I was about to take the plunge and spend more money on a custom bag and LE came out with this bag.

I'd say it is only slightly larger than the LT, and definitely smaller than the Skip Hop. However, I fit everything I needed into it easily. It has one main zippered compartment in the nice blue. It has two deep mesh pockets that easily fits a wipes case and diapers, bottles and more. And it has a zippered compartment, similar to what you find in many purses. I can fit small stuff in there. Inside also is a key fob similar to the LT. This is my only complaint. LOVE the long key fob, but they put it in the wrong place. If I want to keep my keys attached, I have to unzip the whole bag.

The outside of the bag has the 4 pockets that you can see in the picture (2 on each side). These can fit an amazing amount. One of the pockets has a cell phone holder inside of it. Very cool. This is where I wish the key fob was. This is also where I stuff lists, pens, sunglasses...pretty much anything I need quick access to. I haven't tried it yet, but I bet it easily holds sippys and bottles.

I'm a fairly light packer and EBF and have a potty trained preschooler so don't need much, but have the following inside:

2 size 4 diapers (could fit more)
1 travel wipes case
1 disposable changing pad
1 small makeup case with all my small stuff (wet ones travel size, kleenex, small first aid kit, disposable bib, lipstick, etc)
1 footie sleeper
1 burp cloth
small calendar
wallet
I can stuff a blanket in if I need it
a couple of baggies of snacks
infant baseball cap

The exterior (I got black) is nylon, and each of the pockets and cell phone holder is blue. The strap is long and adjustable and looks like it is made so that you could wear it messanger style. The bag came with a large dirties bag and a nice changing pad with a zippered compartment for wipes.

I just love this bag. I fit plenty in, but I feel like I'm carrying a purse!

I'm so sorry, I don't have pictures. My camera isn't working we haven't had a chance to deal with it. I'll post pictures if I can get it working.

Hope this helps!
Sandy
dd 10/25/00
ds 5/14/04

AbbieF
11-19-2004, 12:21 AM
I just happened to look at this bag tonight. I found out from cs that it is one adjustable strap. Can you tell me how it adjusts? Also, do you think its long enough to where messenger style? You mentioned that its smaller than a skip hop, but by the measurements it should be wider. I love my skip hop except that I find I have to dig for things, which usually means pulling everything out. How do you think the L.E. compares?

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

bergbaby
11-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi Abbie! The strap reminds me of the skip hop actually. It is very similar. I do think it is long enough to wear messenger style. Plus the way it is attached to the bag, it would lie flat against your body. Kind of hard to explain. I have it sinched up all the way to wear it purse style.

I think you'll still be digging, to some degree, depending on how you organize it. With the Skip Hop, I found that I kept opening the wrong departments. Sure it was organized, but by the end of an outing, everything was in the wrong place. I like that everything is in one compartment with the LE Tote. I solved some of the digging problem by buying a cheapy makeup bag for the little stuff (the zippered pocket would work for this too). I rarely use this stuff, so it is on the very bottom of the bag. I put my spare clothes, burp cloths, and any blankets or jacket on top of it. The diaper supplies are in one mesh pocket, and my personal items (wallet) are in the other mesh pocket. That way I have access to the things I need most without digging. Everything else is in the outside pockets.

I do think it is smaller than the Skip Hop (wider, but the other dimesions are smaller), but I managed to fit everything I was carrying in the Skip Hop into it. And I keep stuffing in more. I might have more of a problem if I really needed bottles. I think if I were to go on an all day outing (a very rare occurance! :) ) I would take this bag AND the Skip Hop attached to my stroller and I would have more than enough room for everything. In the meantime, I'm working on stocking an extra bag for my truck.

Hope this helps! Wish I could do pictures!! I bought this after learning about it on this board, so hopefully someone else can add pictures.

Take care,
Sandy

Emmas Mom
11-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the review! :D I'm so tempted to buy it & try it out. lol For the price, I may just end up doing that. ;)

ETA: If you're able to get pictures to post, please do so. I'd love to see someone wearing it.

indy1710
11-19-2004, 09:03 PM
It is quite cute and a great price!

Khralvarez
11-24-2004, 04:34 PM
I ordered my LE Medium Tailored Tote about three or four weeks ago and I am still waiting for it to arrive (I called LE today and they said it shipped yesterday, so should be here soon). However, when I ordered it, it was new, but the picture they had looked like the Large Tailored Tote, only a little smaller. And that's what I wanted. The new style really doesn't do it for me "style-wise". So, I don't know what I'm going to get in the mail in the next couple of days. The bad part is that I got it monogrammed, so I don't know if I can return it.
I guess I'll just have to be patient and she was surprise awaits me.

Meanwhile, I have 2 new bags to fixate on -- the new Coach quilted bag, or the Vera Bradley Baby Bag. I'm trying to find a "big" bag. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I'll post when I recieve my LE med tailored tote and let you know which version I recieved.

Thanks,
Kira
Baby #1 due 1/7/05 (yet already addicted to strollers and diaper bags!)

boys2enough
11-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Kira,

As a long time loyal customer of LE's, I just want to jump in and let you know that you can pretty much return anything that you get from LE in any condition. No question will be asked. I once returned a pair of all-weather moc that I had purchased a year ago. I didn't wear them often b/c the shoes were very heavy. When they came out with a lighter and better version, I was upset and e-mailed them. They sent me a new pair! If you happen to be serviced by a CS rep that does not know their company policy, you should challenge and educate them on this. :)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

AbbieF
11-25-2004, 06:35 AM
Kira,
Since LE is now owned by Sears you can return anything to a local Sears, so you don't have to pay return shipping!

Abbie
Mom to Maddie 4/17/04

kseltmann
11-28-2004, 03:43 PM
I actually returned a large LE tote because the monogram was WAY off-center. I took it to Sears and they took it back no questions.

ETA: LE sent me another monogrammed bag no questions either... I got it before I took the old one back.

Good luck,

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030924/3/4/3/-5/.png[/img][/url]

nov02mom
11-28-2004, 07:56 PM
I am really thinking about this bag too!!! I ordered swatches and they came sometime while we were gone this week. Now I'm stuck deciding between colors.........
Kristen

Mikesa3
11-28-2004, 09:06 PM
This looks like a great bag.Can you tell me if the thistle a blue shade? If anyone has pictures.I liked to see them especially pictures next to a Lil Tripper.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids