PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley: Which style is best?

michlee
11-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone-

I'm planning to buy a Vera Bradley to use as a diaper bag for my 2 children (2 1/2 years and 4 months) and am wondering which style works best as a diaper bag: Vera, Baby Bag, or Carry-All.

I anticipate needing to carry around
6 disposable diapers (3 for each kid)
wipes
change of clothes (one for each kid)
diaper pad
blanket
burp cloth
some toys such as a travel magna doodle, book, and rattle/teething ring
sippy cup/snacks for my toddler
cell phone, wallet, lip gloss, keys

I breast feed so I won't need to carry around bottles, formula, etc.

TIA- Michelle

swan01
11-20-2004, 05:22 PM
I would presonally buy the "Vera" bag for a diaper bag rather that the actual diaper bag. It has 6 nice pockets inside and is pretty large and very light. The diaper bag just seems too clumsy and boxy to me.

Thanks!

MamaKath
11-20-2004, 05:48 PM
I am not sure the carry-all would be big enough. The Vera or Baby Bag would work well for you. I have the Baby Bag and a bag (not VB) that is the same as the Vera. They each have their pros and cons...

Pros...
Baby Bag-
* nylon interior so spills wipe up easily
* pocket outside for changing mat, so no contact with clothes or other items
*3 outside pockets for water bottles, sippies, cell phone or snacks
*3 interior pockets to organize the extras for the baby
*room for extra items if needed

Vera-
*6 interior pockets hold lots of your items
*large size accomodates all you will need
* 1 outside pocket, will hold a cell phone but does not close in any manner

Cons..
Baby Bag-
*Boxy shape, looks more like a briefcase or diaper bag (not a con for a lot of folks, never bothered me, very similar to the Metropolitan bag)
* Pockets on outside could be roomier, they hold slim bottles, etc
* More interior pockets wouldn't hurt, but I organize using cosmetic bags or ziplocs now so not a big deal
* Inside is mainly an open compartment

Vera-
* No lining other than the cotton
* Feels very large to me (Baby bag shape always felt more managable), not as comfortable for me to carry
* wish their were more exterior pockets and that the one there is would close; drives me nuts that I can't put a sippy outside on it in easy reach

I love VB bags! I think the Carry All or the Ultimate Backpack (comes in red or black microfiber only) would be a great addition to work for quick trips and as the kids get older.

HTH~

trumansmom
11-20-2004, 05:51 PM
I have lots of Vera Bradley bags, and have found that I rarely use the Baby Bag. If I'm just out and about running errands, I use a Villager and have found that most of the time that is plenty big! However, if we are all out for the day, or travelling, I generally use a Vera. The Veras just seem so HUGE sometimes! But they are great for stashing little coats and hats and extra blankets in the winter. And it sounds like you generally carry more than I do, so it may work for you.

I LOVE Vera Bradley, and kind of went crazy a year or two ago. I'm trying sooooo hard not to buy a carry-all, but my resolve may be weakening!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

michlee
11-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Thank you all so very much for your replies. I think I'm going to go with the Vera. I'd rather have more room than not enough. That's the problem with my current diaper bag (from the Gap). It's just too small for two kids.

-Michelle