PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Andersson messenger bag

heatherlynn
11-20-2004, 10:03 PM
I was at the Kittery outlet today and saw this kids messenger bag and thought it would be cute as a diaper bag. I brought it home and packed it up and I love it! You can't tell from the picture, but it also has a zipper pocket on the back, and another pocket on the inside on the back of the bag. I can fit everything in here that I can fit in my Skip Hop (which is a lot!). This is a great bag. Similar to a Timbuk2.

Anyway, I paid $22 which is what you can get it for w/ the coupon code. The item # is 29080, if anyone is interested.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17385.jpg

heatherlynn
11-28-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure anyone cares since no one replied when I posted originally, but I'll give my update anyway. :)

I've been using this for a little over a week and so far I love it! Great organization and very lightweight. It actually has taken the place of my skip hop (which I really love!) _and_ my LE LT (which I also like). The only thing I wish it had was a grab strap, but other than that, I wouldn't change anything. Great organization. In fact, I use the ID pocket to hold DS's pacifier.

I think if you're looking at Timbuk2s but don't want to spend that much then this would be a great alternative.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

audball
11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Sorry I didn't respond earlier, Heather! For some reason I thought you were reviewing the Hanna Andersson diaper bag (they have a similar opening to the LE bags)...probably would help if I read a little ;)!

You purchased the Old Navy sale messenger bag too, right? Do you like this one better than the Old Navy bag?

heatherlynn
11-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Hah! I was wondering if someone would bring that up!

The Old Navy is bigger, so I don't use it. It's more like the Timbuk2 medium. The ON does have the grab strap which I like. It (ON) also has an outside back pocket w/ a velcro closure (the HA is a zipper).

I may sell the ON because I just don't use it although I wish I had a reason to!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

audball
11-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah...I actually bought the ON bag too, but it's too floppy for everyday use. Plus, this is bizarre, it hits my hip (I'm 5'2") in a strange way that actually hurts after I wear it all day! I got a Medium Graphic Timbuk2 on ebags while they had a sale and think that may be my travel/plane bag for the kids. It stands up well and looks great, but it is pretty huge.

The ON is a great value, but I'm trying to think of when I will use it. The beach? It does have great "stuff-ability" factor...We bought a bunch for gifts for my nephews and will stuff it with comics and the like :).

heatherlynn
11-29-2004, 02:48 PM
I was thinking I'd use this bag as a beach bag, too. It's such a great bag that I hate to have it just sitting around. I had also planned to use it for traveling, but we're just not doing any traveling these days.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04