PDA

View Full Version : Clutterbag question

hapahaolegirl
11-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I am interested in buying a Clutterbag but I'm looking for a bag which is smaller then my Land's End Deluxe Backpack diaper bag. I want a cute bag which I can take on short trips. The Land's End bag is just way too huge and unattractive for the mall. I've contacted Janie and she's given me measurements of the bag I'm interested in but I cannot imagine it so I'm not sure if it's too big or not. She said it's approx 15" wide x 12" tall by 11" across bottom base and 4 1/2" deep. Also I was thinking of getting a changing pad with it as well which would be about 15" x 22". My DD is 3 months old. I'm not sure if a changing pad would be necessary or if carrying a receiving blanket to change my daughter on would be a better option.
Does anyone have a picture of them with their Clutterbag on so I can see how big it looks? I know they all vary a little in size but just to get an idea.
Also has anyone bought the Land's End medium tote? Is it good for small trips or too big?

Thanks!

Kristen

ckleist
11-22-2004, 12:16 AM
I've got 2 of her bags, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4328846159&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT and http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4335954602&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT. I haven't used either yet. They are both really nice, well made bags. I'm really not much of a tote person and don't really see myself using the peach floral, prefer a zippered top, it was my very 1st ebay purchase. Both of the bags are pretty close in size. I'll try to take some pics in the next day or so and post.

As far as a changing pad goes, I have disposables one...they take up less room and you can throw them out. I'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe and don't like the idea of putting something back in my bag where who knows what was on a public changing table earlier. I've got 2 boys, a 20 month and 6week old, and boys are a little trickier to change diapers. When they are really young, always need to keep them covered so you don't get sprayed, but that doesn't always work. Another reason why I like disposable changing pads.

sdbc
11-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi Kristen,

My clutterbag was custom made to a larger size, so I can't help you there, but I just wanted to say my bag is really well made. I bet Janie would send you a photo so you could see the scale. She's sper helpful.

Sue