PDA

View Full Version : Loom Bandicoot - any trouble with the outside pouch?

MrsZaz
11-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have the Loom Bandicoot? Do you feel that having the outside 'mommy' pouch is to accessible to others? Would it be eay for someone to take off without you knowing?

Thanks
Colleen

robmab719
11-21-2004, 04:40 PM
This isn't something I worry too much about because I wear the bag messenger style on my shoulder. If I were wearing it as a backpack, it would be a bigger issue because it would be "out of sight" and I could see how someone might be able to unzip it and take something out of it if you weren't paying attention.

I don't think anyone would be able to remove the pouch completely from the bag without you knowing. The snaps are pretty secure. For me, it takes two hands to get the pouch snapped off.

If you are planning to wear the bag messenger style (or hang it on your stroller), I wouldn't worry about it. In that case, it would be just as safe as any other bag.

audball
11-21-2004, 05:00 PM
I tried the Bandicoot for the day and I don't think people would be able to take the purse/pouch off that easily. It snaps onto the backpack. I would say though, that with the zipper on top, a very deft pick-pocketer may be able to access it in a crowded situation (bus, amusement park line, etc.). Most women who have this bag tend to not take it in very crowded spots. That was a definite negative in my book, because I would like to choose my bag based on my needs, not on my location :) (LOL)!

My major issue was not so much about the location of the pouch...it was the fact that when I walked, the pouch "flopped" against the backpack - it was pretty annoying to feel the pouch bouncing along...

My $.02 :)