PDA

View Full Version : LE Large Tailored Tote???

newmomto1
11-22-2004, 01:35 AM
I am really enjoying my new Alpha 7...but I realized this weekend that for longer outings I really need a larger bag.
I was looking at the Large Tailored Tote from Lands End.
Any opinions??

I was wondering if it is comfortable & easy to wear on your shoulder??

ALSO...since there is not a longer shoulder strap...is there ANY way to loop it on to my P3 handles??
I do not like to carry my diaper bag when I have the stroller.

TIA!!

essnce629
11-22-2004, 04:17 AM
I just came back from a weekend stay at my grandma's house and took my LE large pink striped canvas tote (exactly the same as the tailored tote) with me. This is an awesome bag for weekend and overnight trips. I also use it for all day outings to the zoo, etc. What's great about it is that it is made up of 3 completely separate compartments and has 9 mesh pockets so everything is kept really organized. I kept all of the diapering supplies and extra clothes in the middle compartment, all of Conner's dry snacks and eating supplies (sippy cup, disposable bibs, washcloths, etc) in one of the side compartments, and all of my mommy items (hand lotion, antibacterial gel, sunglass case, tissues, etc), Kozy carrier, and digital camera in the second side compartment. The bag can be easily carried on your shoulder (I think) if it's not too packed, but boy can this bag expand, and when it is fully expanded it's shaped like a square and is easier to just carry in your hands. I used to have a Peg Pliko and I would hook the bag on to the stroller using stroller hooks. I now do the same thing with my Peg Atlantico. Or you can use metal caribeeners instead of stroller hooks.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17483.jpg

Here's a link to the post where I posted several detailed pictures of my bag: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=13704&mesg_id=13704&listing_type=search

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03

ckleist
11-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I have this, it is a very large bag, good for day outings (I have a 6 week old and 20 month old). Great organization, it has 3 main zippered compartments, so I use one for diaper changing stuff, one for change of clothes, small toys, sippy cup and snack, and the front compartment I use for my stuff. The handles IMO are not long enough to wear on your shoulder comfortably, I think it is an 11" handle drop.

I don't think you could hang it from your stroller handles, but probably would work fine if you got one of those clips things that attaches to the handle and then hang the bag from that.

HTH