PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone a purse addict before diaper bags? List both collections!

MeredithsMom
11-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Hi ladies--

I've mostly lurked on this board since I'm trying desperately not to get sucked into the diaper bag-obsessed world (of course, if I were *really* trying, I wouldn't be here at all!!!).

I was wondering, how many of us here were also (or are still) into handbags before our diaper bag days came along? What handbags did/do you have? Do you still use them or just use diaper bags exclusively? I have to say I haven't been able to use my handbags that much yet--just getting used to juggling DD, stroller, etc. has been enough for now (she's only 3 months).

Hope this is a relevant post...

Here's my list...

HANDBAGS

Louis Vuitton White Murakami Multicolore Speedy 30 (this is it, the cream of the crop for me, the bag I can't even pretend to be able to afford, the bag for which I wish I had a life to match!!!)

Anya Hindmarch White Kitty with Crown bag (used on my wedding day--mom held it and put the envelopes in it for me)

Anya Hindmarch Pink/Blue white dog with boa and tiara (used for rehearsal dinner and any other time I want to annoy MIL)

Anya Hindmarch Black/Purple twin poodles. I call these girls Monica and Rachel b/c they have hairstyles eerily reminiscent of the Friends pair.

Coach small houndstooth bag

Coach black hipster bag

Kate Spade basic black bag

Burberry hobo (purchased in London--this was the Holy Grail before the LV)

Burberry work bag (outlet)

Assorted other bags (Maxx, Aigner, bought to go with outfits or other reasons).

DIAPER BAGS

Skip Hop Black. This is the only one I have so far. Honestly. What's wrong with me? I'd love a PP, Fleurville, etc. Maybe I just can't justify them since I'm SAHM now, or MAYBE I'm just biding my time and will soon go WILD!!!

Anyone else care to play?

p.s. looking at this list you'd think I had some money...bwa ha ha!!! :-)

audball
11-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Ok...I'll play...but considering I don't know half the bags in your purse collection, I'm a little sheepish :)!!

Purses/Briefcase: Coach Metro briefcase in black, Coach brown Station bag, Coach Red Small Tote, Coach brown Pendulum purse, Coach (Big Giant, don't the name of it) Tote, larger Coach Backpack in Black...(ok...so I had a "problem" with Coach in my earlier life - heehee).

Diaper Bags: Eddie Bauer Sling, OiOi Black Dot/Lime Green Messenger, Red SkipHop, Tropical Leaf Print Bumble Bag (Nicole), Timbuk2 Medium Graphic Messenger (China), T&L Mia Backpack (on order), Loom Marsupial Avocado (on order)....

It's bad...man....real bad.....!

ETA: I was working when I aquired all those Coach bags. They are lovely, but very heavy...so I used that excuse to get new bags. DH bought that excuse but after my 3rd bag, he started getting suspicious ;)!