PDA

View Full Version : New Keccis at Nordstrom's Rack

kelly ann
11-27-2004, 01:43 PM
I stopped by today and saw some of the new colors - at least I think they are. I don't recognize them from the original 5 or 6. One may have been the steely blue (orange inside) and there were about 4 or 5 other colors. One was a bright pink and another was a wine color. If you can't wait for the bag to be shipped to you or if they are out of your color choice, then you may want to check out the Rack.

jamsmu
11-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Kelly Ann,

Which Nordstrom Rack?

essnce629
11-28-2004, 05:12 AM
I spotted a bunch of them at my Nordstrom Rack too (in San Diego). They had 6 different colors, with about 4 of each. They were $36.97. They had the navy (w/ orange lining), aqua (w/ pink lining), tourquoise (w/ yellowish-green lining), magenta (w/ pink lining), chartreuse (w/ pink lining), and one of the red ones. The blue of the aqua and tourquouise are both beautiful. I also really liked the new charteuse with the pink lining. The magenta looked more maroon to me than magenta-- it had more of a purple tinge to it. I really loved the aqua with the pink lining and would definately get it if I had to choose between those 6 colors. It's bright, but it's stunning. The orange lining of the navy bag was too bright for me. I was hoping they had the steel blue like the op thought, but it was navy.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One year and counting!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

"The greatest of life's joys is to be a mother. The second greatest is to be a midwife."

kelly ann
11-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Julie-

I went to the Schaumburg store in Illinois - Good Luck!

momathome
11-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Julie!!! I may make it to the Nordstrom Rack in K of P today - what colors are you interested in? If they have what you want, I will pick it up for you!

AdoptChina
11-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Lauren
If you go to K of P, let me know if they have any of the teal w/butterfly, the chartreuse w/pink or any red ones (REALLY want the caramel or the truffle but doubt they'd be there. I dont know if you can put things on hold there, but if you can I'd love you for it!

Otherwise I'll probably order through the co-op this week

momathome
11-28-2004, 12:06 PM
No problem, Susan - I will let you know! Maybe I will just pick up what they have and see who of the local girls wants one and I will just return whatever doesn't get used. I'll post later and let you know!

bcafe
11-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Of course I was just there 2 weeks ago, and all that was left was beige. So, I ordered the garnet off the coop. I live 2 hrs away...boo hoo
Betsy

momathome
11-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Sorry, girls, they did not have any at the K of P Nordstrom Rack today and they said they don't know when they will be getting more in. If I come across them in the future, I will pick them up and report back.

AdoptChina
11-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks for checking!

iriebride
11-29-2004, 01:27 AM
Hi Latia!

I'm from San Diego originally (now live in Bakersfield) and will be down there this weekend for 5 days. Did you see the Kecci bags at the NR in Mission Valley? I can't even remember anymore how many NRs there are in SD. LOL.

I'm thinking of getting the steel blue for me and navy for my sister from the co-op. I really want the caramel or truffle. I also liked one of the reds too. If I can get them at a NR, that would be cool. I think I'll stop by the one in Costa Mesa on the way down to see what colors they have.

Thanks for the tip!
Joyce
Zerick 7-3-03

westchicagomom
11-29-2004, 02:12 AM
I was there today and at the one Oakbrook too. They must have just put them out after Thanksgiving because I was there the day before and they only had old colors. They had more in Schaumburg - no steel blue in either place though.

They had the navy (new), chartreuse (new and old), beige (old), magenta, red (5000), aqua and turqouise.

As PP said, the aqua was a very striking color - so much brighter IRL. While I liked the color a lot, I just couldn't see myself carrying that color around. My first choice is the azalea which supposedly isn't available. I had the new chartreuse in my hand ready to buy it, but then after looking at it for problems, I notice the fabric threads were coming apart in several places. I don't know if it was damaged during sewing or that is just the nature of the fabric. I guess I am just not meant to get a kecci. :(

essnce629
11-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Hi Joyce! Yes, it was at the Nordstrom Rack in Mission Valley. I don't know of any other Racks nearby. Good luck, I hope you find what you're looking for.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif One year and counting!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

"The greatest of life's joys is to be a mother. The second greatest is to be a midwife."

cric
11-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Pam - I just told Bruce to check Nordstom Rack in Schaumburg for one for my Christmas present. Do you think it would be safer for him to order one (assuming that he would do it and be able to get the co-op price)? I'm not sure he would inspect it very closely.

Hmm. Mabye I should just try to think of another Christmas present.

westchicagomom
11-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Hi Lynn! Which color did you tell him you want? Once I saw the problems w/ the new chartreuse one, I looked at the others and didn't see the same problem. I think it is the nature of that particular fabric. It is not as soft and silky as the others and apparently comes apart easier or something.

Have you seen them IRL? They are really nice and a great price ($37 just like the co-op) and w/ Schaumburg's ridiculous tax it comes out to be about the same price as co-op shipping. Definitely get one!

Personally I wouldn't go w/ the co-op. There just seems to be a lot of problems. Someone just posted on the baby bags group that they got a bag that was missing straps, another posted that their bag didn't have tags, I don't know what is going on w/ the azalea bags and there are a lot of people who paid awhile ago and haven't gotten their bags. It's great that Kecci agreed to do this, but personally I just don't want to deal w/ any potential problems.

If he buys it at the Rack then you have 30 days to return it if you see a problem.

Are you "allowed" back in the malls yet? LOL We should definitely try to do another trip even if it's just at Stratford or something. I bet Aaron is getting so big.

BTW, there was a very recent post in the lounge about someone looking for a ped in Geneva or surrounding burbs - don't know if you would recommend yours in StC or not.

cric
12-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks for your input, Pam. I don't think the one I "want" is in the store, but B is pretty good at knowing if I would like a color or not. If it's easier for him to do that, then it's better. I told him to check it out if he can. There may not be any bags left anyway.

I'm totally up for a shopping trip! I'll email you. And I'll check out the lounge too. My ped is in Bartlett, but I love the practice.

oops. child climbing stairs!

jamsmu
12-01-2004, 09:03 AM
But thanks for all the updates, and for checking Lauren. I was actually there last Wed. for about 20 seconds (just wanted to use the free turnpike :)).

I think I'll just order, looking for garnet which doesn't seem to be out there anywhere.

Thanks everyone.

kelly ann
12-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Lynn-

I am looking for a new ped out in that area - can you email the name of your doctor in Bartlett?

Thanks,
Kelly

cric
12-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Sure! emailing now!

momathome
12-01-2004, 03:45 PM
A friend of mine was there today and said they now have 2 navy's, 2 aqua's, 2 magenta's, and 1 chartreuse!!! This is the Nordstrom Rack in King of Prussia, PA for those who are looking. HTH!!!

nov02mom
12-01-2004, 09:15 PM
They'll ship it to you too!!! I got a black one from them a few weeks ago (although it's not me sigh......)
Kristen