PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley bags - Vera, Miller or Baby Bag?

hudsonam
11-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Anyone have experience with these bags? Any thoughts on which would be the most ideal bag? I like that the Vera and Miller can be used for more than just a diaper bag, plus they are slightly cheaper. I do like the waterproof lining in the Baby Bag though. Anyone have first hand experience with these? TIA!

annasmom
11-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi, I haven't used the Vera or the Miller, but have a Betsy that I have used as a diaper bag. It worked pretty well for shorter trips/errands. I could fit 2 diapers, wipes case, 2 bottles, formula container, wallet, keys, phone, one cloth diaper, etc. (no change of clothes or changing pad!) The Betsy has 6 side pockets so the organization is good. I haven't used it for a while b/c my bag is a very summery color, but it worked well. I also have a tote, and would definitely NOT recommend using that as a diaper bag, is an endless pit of disorganization (at least for me!) HTH!

annasmom
11-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Double post!

Kimberly H
11-28-2004, 09:27 PM
The Miller is HUGE - it's sold as a luggage piece. I can't imagine it as a diaper bag as I use it for a weekender bag and I'm plus-sized so my clothes are big. ;)

I use the Villager as a diaper bag, especially at church as it's dressier looking than my Ameribag tote. It has the 6 pockets inside and the center ones will hold the Pampers travel wipe box or size 4 diapers with no problem. It also has 2 outside pockets, one which velcros shut, the other is open.

Good luck! I'm looking to replace my VB Hobo purse - it finally wore out - and am having a blast shopping :)

hudsonam
11-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Do you think the Villager will be large enough for a new mom who has a tendency to overpack? My baby isn't here yet (few more weeks) so I have no idea what I'll overpack, but if it can be done, I'll probably do it. ;-) Then again, I'm sure once I'm more experienced, the overpacking will be at a minimum.

I agree, when I saw the Miller on a person in a couple pictures, I thought, "Woa, that is huge!" Even the Vera looks really big. The Villager's measurements aren't that much smaller than the Baby Bag, but it is a couple inches narrower. Cheaper than the Baby Bag is a good thing though. And I really like the sound of the updated one and it's added organization.

Kimberly H
11-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Honestly, I'm an over-packer and especially with a newborn when you think you need to have EVERYTHING at hand, not even in the car in your backup bag, and the Villager would've been too narrow for me. I think you'd be better off with something larger *and* with a bottle pocket if you're planning use a bottle.

The Vera is a little too tall for me because I tend to lose things in the bottom of the bag, but it might be great for a newborn/little one, especially since it has interior pockets and you'd be using the center for things like extra clothes, slime rags, blankets, jackets, toys, etc. You can also use it later for a library or dance bag.

If you end up with a deeper tote like the Vera, I'd suggest a Fleurville Escape Pod or one of the knock-off cosmetic bags other board members found at Target and Wal*Mart. That way you can just grab the Escape Pod and head for the diaper changing area and leave the large tote behind.

Good luck and congratulations!!

eahewe
11-29-2004, 04:51 PM
The Miller bag is HUGE. I thought it was too big. I had the baby bag and LOVED it. I typically overpack - usually three diapers, wipes, bottles, small powder and liquid formula. There was more than enough room - actually the bad got heavy from all the packed. Now that my DS is 13 months, I switched to the VB Carry-all which is great - still roomy but I'm not carrying all that formula and bottles. Still carry 3 diapers and wipes. Plus his sippy and a tupperware of cheerios. It's great! I love these bags!

MamaKath
11-29-2004, 10:21 PM
I had the baby bag when I had my first. Used it for about 3 years straight! It is now my crochet bag since I don't have the heart to part with it even though it is in "well-loved" condition. I haven't gotten another only because they have yet to have a fabric that I LOVE like I loved my old one.

I have a bag similar to the Vera and my mom has the Miller. Miller is huge! I overpack and it is too big! The Vera is a great size. I responded to a post last week regarding VB bags, and had written some pros and cons. Thinking about it since, and pulling out and playing with the Vera size one, I realize one of the things that drives me crazy is how deep it is. It is great to organize with the pockets around the edges, and put some items in the center, but it is just too deep to utilize all that space when using as a diaper bag.

HTH~

hudsonam
11-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Thank you for all the replies!

Kath, I did see that post, and that was helpful too. :-) I really do love these bags... I'm just so nervous about deciding later that it's NMS, but why would I be so drawn them it now if it wasn't? It's the price too. I just need someone to buy it for me as a Christmas gift. LOL!

MamaKath
11-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Lol! They are great bags though. Can you see any of them locally? I know I needed to see the fabrics in person to really get a feel for me and the bag and how we would match up, iykwim. Luckily one of my mom's favorite little places to shop carries them. I do like that the Baby Bag is one of the style's that doesn't get "knocked-off" constantly. Some of the others it gets hard to tell if it is a VB or not, and I have both real ones and a knock-off (quality is definitely NOT the same though). They do have much more of a country feel to them than some of the others.

GL~

hudsonam
11-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Kath, I already know I'd want it in Classic Black. :-) My mother-in-law got me the small wallet with a strap (not sure of the name) in this fabric, and while I only use it if I'm on vacation or going somewhere that I don't want to carry my whole purse, I like it. And I tried on one of the Baby Bags in person and loved that it was so soft. It felt comfy, if that makes sense. I'm definitely not a flashy dresser, which is why I think the Kecci would be too much for my wardrobe. ;)