PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Kecci (not the bag itself, the company)

pittsburghgirl
11-29-2004, 06:53 PM
OK, let me start by saying I probably violated the rules of the co-op by calling Stacy at Kecci to confirm my order. (In a moment of sleep deprived inattention I managed to email my order incl cc to them rather than faxing the form that I had typed up. So, I was concerned that they actually received it rather than someone else submitting a charge using their name.)

I called on 11/19, 9 days after sending my order. It seemed as if Stacy couldn't find the order but then someone else supposedly did and she told me it was shipped on 11/18. (I discovered that the charge went through on 11/11.)

It is now 11/29 and UPS has come and gone for today. (I know because I got another package.) No bag. I am pretty skeptical that my bag was actually shipped on 11/18, UPS web site shows ground service in 4 days for the zip codes and dates. I'm now wondering, did they even find my order or did they just want to get rid of me on the phone?

I'm a co-op newbie so please feel free to explain to me how I broke the rules and therefore deserve to be flogged and never receive my bag. I know the rules said 3-4 weeks for shipping; I don't have a problem with that if they had just told me I was in a queue when I called. I would rather they just confirmed that they had my order and could not ship it for x number of days than be in the position I am now, wondering what the heck is going on. I was pretty nervous about the whole CC # thing, though, and frankly I still am. I was considering ordering a second bag if I really like the first, in a summery color; now I probably won't have time to!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

heidi_timms
11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I am right with you! They really need to do some confirmations or something. I ordered 11/18 and my CC was charged 11/22. I ordered the Azalea bag which supposedly didn't meet standards or had some sort of defect. One person from the boards got a call to say that they couldn't fill the order and someone else received an Azalea bag. So, I'm not sure if my bag is coming or not! The website says Azalea is "on-order" which is not the typical in-stock or not in stock. When I ordered, it said "in-stock". Azalea is the only color that I love so I really just hope my bag arrives. I hate this waiting!!!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Oregonmother
11-29-2004, 10:48 PM
I took 2 days shy of three weeks for me to receive my bag. I too was wondering like you. Several other members had posted that they got their bags of the same color, and I had even ordered a long time before them so I was starting to get worried. Mine was shipped Fed Ex. Hope this gives you some hope.

pittsburghgirl
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
My bag finally came, the ship date on the label was 11/19. However that was the date the label was printed. Fedex Ground says 3 business days so I would be awfully surprised if it actually went out then. Either way they told me it shipped on 11/18 which it obviously didn't. I am pleased to get my bag finally but I doubt I will order another as I originally thought I would.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

MariFP
11-30-2004, 05:14 PM
I have to agree with you. I placed my order on 11/11 and got charged on 11/12.
Still no bag. I emailed Tracy twice (she didn't answer my first email) asking when are they shipping my bag, and she answered that she has to check with her "shipping manager"? WTF?
So, no answer, no bag, very dissapointed and pissed customer here.
Two thumbs down.

bcafe
11-30-2004, 05:36 PM
I did not receive a confirmation email either. Was hoping for one. Too bad I had to check my online credit card charges to see if it was even charged. My order took a week to get here. Not too bad with Thanksgiving thrown in. It came via UPS ground.
Betsy

supercalifragilous
12-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Geez - it seems like there have been so many problems with Kecci this time around... wrong color bags, colors sold out or discontinued, shipping discrepancies... what's going on??? :(

I think part of the problem is that Tracy's in NY handling the co-op orders, but the bags are actually being shipped out of TX (the address on the order form). I don't know who (Tracy/NY or Reid/TX) is actually charging the CC#, but I suspect it's Tracy, who then gives the go-ahead to Reid to ship them out once the CC goes through OK.

I think Reid is actually the shipping manager - I know he's in TX and he's the one I shipped my bag to when I needed a replacment. So I think after Tracy gets the order and runs the CC#, she forwards it to TX along with any subsequent problems (like the defective zipper).

And I think once she forwards the order to the shipping guys in TX, she really doesn't have much to do (hands-on)with the bags at all, but Reid does. (He mentioned he was personally checking all the zippers on the replacement bags so I assume he's right there inspecting them.) But it sounds like they need a more efficient system regarding charges & shipping though! :( I'm so sorry that there are so many people having problems this time around!

oviedomomjan05
12-01-2004, 11:37 AM
I have read all of these postings! Sounds like you guys have had a lot of issues.

I did have a small glitch at the beginning but Tracy was VERY responsive to me. I sent in my order via email. I didn't recieve a confirmation in a day or so, so I emailed her. She said her emails kept coming back but that she had gotten my request. So, I was fine with that. I checked my CC and I had been charged 3 times for my bag. I emailed her and within hours, she responded that she was looking into it and the charges were being fixed in a few days.

Overall, there CS was very good to me. They were very responsive to my questions. I guess I got lucky!

The Tracy that I spoke with via email was: [email protected]. Maybe try her if that isn't who you are using? I don't know who Stacy is...

11/18-order sent
11/20-charged my card
11/22-credit card fixed and email from Tracy.
Thanksgiving holidays
11/30-Got my bag in the mail! Beautiful!

Just thought I would give you guys some hope!

oviedomomjan05